Enrique de Allende: Beginnings

Gary R. Beck

May 9, 2021, 3:24:44 PM5/9/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google
Enrique de Allende
Beginnings

Enrique has created a following of musical lovers with his smooth and rich natural voice, demonstrated by his super-sellout Covid crowd. He has caused many a heart to swoon or a body to jump with energetic joy. Tonight he describes as a career celebration.

He has performed all over Latin America and within Puerto Vallarta and tonight he continues The Palm season now running through April for the first time in the venue's history. People are hungry for safe live entertainment and are drifting to music and dance in numbers not seen in months.

The horns blared the opening of a night of Mariachi music. In walked three groups totalling eighteen: both men and women playing guitars, violins and horns. One man led the three groups, directing the stirring nationalistic songs. These musicians are well-traveled and talented artists who proudly present their music of heritage. Right before everyone's eyes were the sights and sounds of Mexico.

Enrique de Allende [Enrique Fernández] has been singing and performing from an early age. Born in San Miguel de Allende, his fame spread and has studied with the internationally famous music director David Foster. Enrique has a repertoire of classic songs in English, Spanish and Italian. He is a great singer of both classical and pop-contemporary music. As a versatile artist, he interprets a wide range of music from flamenco opera and mariachi to Big Band and traditional Mexican romantic music.

"La Malagueña", a song about a beauty from Málaga, a southern Spanish port: "Lovely and enchanting like the innocence of a rose" was stunningly fine. He traversed the musical octaves and each note on the scale was sung to perfection. "This is the first since September that I have performed with mariachi." The wait was worth it, with the cries and applause bouncing off the walls in enthusiasm. "Let the truth come out. Our love will survive." Tonight, uptempo dance music is combined with heartfelt ballads. The crowd responded in delight to whatever the musicians offered.

"Bésame Mucho" is a composition which lends itself to many interpretations and tonight listeners were treated to a full mariachi led by Enrique's vocals. This beautiful tune was embraced as a highlight of the evening. He wandered the room behind plexiglass, blowing kisses to friends, waving and smiling.

A new project: he will be traveling "all over the world" performing his new creation "FlamencOpera", a blend of traditional Mexican band music as heard tonight with shades of classical opera, another one of his loves. He will appear with all-Latin musicians and spread the love and joy of this soul-stirring music.

"This is my last song", Enrique sadly announced and breezed in "A Mi Manera", delivering this masterpiece of Frank Sinatra strongly in Spanish. "My Way" identified the tune in English but its melody is world famous. The blood of Mexico flowed through him as he soared to the highest notes without effort flawlessly sung. His presenting the title blew the audience into the air. "Viva México!"

Find more photos on my Facebook Shows page below.

The Palm Cabaret
Olas Altas 508
Romantic Zone - Southside, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
21st Anniversary Season
Tickets:
www.ThePalmCabaret.com
322-222-0200/322-182-9656
The box office is open from 4-10pm.

A note from The Palm Cabaret management:  SAFETY FIRST, ENTERTAINMENT ALWAYS We have installed a new retractable roof for air flow and five new air filtration systems to take out old air and bring in fresh cool air. Patrons are protected by Plexiglas shields in front and on the sides of their personal seating area which is at minimum three meters from the stage. We have limited our capacity to sixty guests per show. Masks must be worn to your seats and to the restrooms. Masks may be removed upon entering your private Plexiglas area.
EnriquedeAllendeBeginnings21.1.jpeg
EnriquedeAllendeBeginnings21.2.jpg
EnriquedeAllendeBeginnings21.10.jpg