Keith Tynes: The Platters and More

Gary R. Beck

Mar 5, 2021, 1:36:08 PM3/5/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google
Keith Tynes
The Platters and More

As a member of the world-famous group 'The Platters Golden Hits Revue', he performed for four years from 1981 to 1985 in major cities in the USA and Europe. Aso, in 2015, The Keith Tynes Band performed at a big band concert "The Best of The Platters & More" in Berlin where he now resides. His online bio states "From 1981–1985, he toured around the world as a member of the well-known group The Platters." He owns an extensive repertoire from gospel, soul, jazz, pop, Broadway and blues to opera, possessing a vocal range of three and a half octaves.

The Boy Band Project came out to showcase their two ongoing shows at The Palm Cabaret on singing huge smash songs for Boy Bands. Some are early, as from the 50s and 60s, and then another show highlights from the 70s on. Their choice tonight is "God Only Knows" from the popular Beach Boys. Each one takes a turn at a verse or stanza then passes it onto the next 'Boy'. An evening with these men is a touching trip down memory lane with synchronized dancing.

Welcomed to the stage, Keith, a massive man with a voice to match, opened with "Love's in Need Of Love Today". The lyrics are of even greater importance in these days. His career has stretched across many decades in many countries. Keith possesses huge vocal highness in lush richness. "Feeling Good": "It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life" took a jazzy soul turn and he mastered this genre as well as the other ones he embraces.

Calling upon Marvin Gaye's tremendous tune "What's Going On", he sent swirls throughout the room, asking questions, seeking answers. The speed increased as if on a railroad track with "Love Train" with Keith singing in his well-trained voice to "People. Get on board". "We've got that love feeling going", declared Keith. "Do you feel it?" Now, Keith slowed the pace with the lovely "You Are So Beautiful". He broke into one of The Platters top hits, "The Great Pretender", then another "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes". He performed both with depth and intensity. He is a master of their style.

Giving Keith a short break to rest his vocal chords, Effie Passero entered in a flash of high intensity vocal work. She is running in two shows here and has been very pleasing to her audiences.
She delivered in soaring style and high notes "All By Myself" which she held until the crowd could take no more. The local musical community has welcomed her widely. At the Palm Cabaret she stars in two duet shows.

"A House is Not a Home" delighted the Covid-packed audience with low notes edging higher until peaks are reached, all perfectly in tune. "A room is a still a room even when there's nothin' there but gloom." He reaches inside our hearts and massages until feelings improve. Out jumped James Brown with "I Feel Good". Strut that stage.

"The Greatest Love of All" proved to be the top audience pleaser. Roars would not cease until he moved the show along. Following with the classic "Unchained Melody", he grasp the tune's melody and lyrics bringing out sighs around the house. Back to The Platters, he shifted with the super-stunning "Only You". He is a ball of major talent.

If you "Stand By Me", you will have someone to hold when the night has come and the land is dark.
Back and forth went the musical beat and Keith sang the soothing words. He saluted "New York, New York" where he gained much of his reputation. In 1979, he appeared for 1 and 1/2 years in the musical "A New York Summer" at the "Radio City Music Hall". For his first venture to Puerto Vallarta, he certainly drew in the listeners, ever wanting more. Bravo!

Find more photos on my Facebook Shows page below.

The Palm Cabaret
Olas Altas 508
Zona Romántica - Southside,  Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
21st Anniversary Season
Tickets:
www.ThePalmCabaret.com
222-0200/322-182-9656
The box office is open from 10 am - 10 pm.

Gary R. Beck
Puerto Vallarta,
 JAL.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/837053096708212

A note from The Palm Cabaret management:  SAFETY FIRST, ENTERTAINMENT ALWAYS We have installed a new retractable roof for air flow and five new air filtration systems to take out old air and bring in fresh cool air. Patrons are protected by Plexiglas shields in front and on the sides of their personal seating area which is at minimum three meters from the stage. We have limited our capacity to sixty guests per show. Masks must be worn to your seats and to the restrooms. Masks may be removed upon entering your private Plexiglas area.
KeithTynes21.1.png
KeithTynes21.4.jpg
KeithTynes21.2.jpg
KeithTynes21.10.jpg