Last Successful Fetch Details Not Updating

Josh Waldrum

Jul 2, 2015, 4:45:36 AM7/2/15
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

I recently created a feed of my website and have submitted it to pubsubhubbub several times after making updates on pages of my site. When I use the 'Publisher Diagnostics' function to retrieve details about my feed, the Last item retrieved is correct but I see N/As about the fetching statistics (see below).

Any idea why this isn't updating?

Thanks!

Josh

Julien Genestoux

Jul 2, 2015, 4:47:47 AM7/2/15
to Pubsubhubbub
Josh,

I'm even surprised you're able to send this as I was expecting Google Group to be closed by now :)
Join us there: https://github.com/pubsubhubbub/PubSubHubbub

I believe what you're reporting is a problem specific to the Google Hub, and not to PubSubHubbub (there are many different hubs!)

I'll let the Google folks tell you where it's best to ask them was is going in.

--
Julien Genestoux,

--

---

Alkis Evlogimenos (Άλκης Ευλογημένος)

Jul 2, 2015, 6:15:35 AM7/2/15
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh. Reporting is currently not fully functioning. We have plans to restore this behavior.

- alkis

Google Switzerland GmbH
Brandschenkestrasse 110,
Zurich, Switzerland
8002 Zurich

David Allix

Jul 23, 2015, 10:29:12 AM7/23/15
to Pubsubhubbub, al...@google.com
Hi Alkis,

Any news on this? Seems not working for me and I want to know if problem come from Google side or mine.

Thanks.

Roman

Jul 23, 2015, 10:41:53 AM7/23/15
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com, Alkis Evlogimenos
Hi Josh,

The fetching statistics feature is still disabled. There is currently no ETA for reenabling it. Sorry.

You can use a test subscriber to test your feed. For example, this one: http://pubsubhubbub-subscriber.appspot.com/.
    * Callback URL: http://pubsubhubbub-subscriber.appspot.com/subscriber/my-key
    * Topic URL: URL to your feed.
    * Click Do It!
  2. Add an entry to your feed and notify the hub. You can use https://pubsubhubbub.appspot.com/publish to manually send a notification to the hub.
  3. Go to http://pubsubhubbub-subscriber.appspot.com/items?callback_filter=/my-key and observe the update received by the subscriber. Note that all updates are also seen on http://pubsubhubbub-subscriber.appspot.com/.
You can use any string in place of "/my-key". It's only purpose is to allow you to see only your own updates with the updates from other people using the same app.

HTH,
Roman.