Hello, Where to Go?

Jeff Masiello

Oct 3, 2014, 5:10:19 PM10/3/14
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
Recently I've had an old Python pshb implementation dumped on me. We host it on google apps. GA is giving us warning that the master/slave and old version of Python is about to go. I have a few questions:
1. What is the main place to go to learn about pshb? I've read the protocol but have questions.
2. Where is the most up to date code repo?
3. Is this still alive?
Thanks!
Jeff

Julien Genestoux

Oct 5, 2014, 3:28:46 PM10/5/14
to Pubsubhubbub
Jeff,

Have you thought about using a hosted hub? like Superfeedr's?
Thanks,

--

---

Roman

Oct 6, 2014, 6:43:19 AM10/6/14
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM, Jeff Masiello <hsn...@hsnopi.net> wrote:
Hello All,
Recently I've had an old Python pshb implementation dumped on me. We host it on google apps. GA is giving us warning that the master/slave and old version of Python is about to go. I have a few questions:
1. What is the main place to go to learn about pshb? I've read the protocol but have questions.

Questions are welcome on this mailing list.

2. Where is the most up to date code repo?

I'm not aware of any up-to-date open source hub implementation. Maybe someone else on this list knows.

Why do you want to run your own hub as opposed to using an existing hub? Why not use Google hub (http://pubsubhubbub.appspot.com/) or Superfeedr.

3. Is this still alive?

Absolutely!

Roman.