Validate pubsubhubbub -feed

Liisa Sailaranta

Jun 1, 2014, 10:14:03 AM6/1/14
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
I have a drupal website with pusher and pubsubhubbub modules.
Is there any way to test whether the pubsubhubbub publishing actually works?

When I examine the feed I see the a tag:
<atom:link rel="hub" href="XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/pubsubhubbub/endpoint" />

Is there any way however to ensure that the feed aggregator actually uses the pubsubhubbub endpoint for updates?

b.r

Liisa

Julien Genestoux

Jun 1, 2014, 4:25:44 PM6/1/14
to Pubsubhubbub
Liisa,

You can certainly subscribe to the feed with a reader that supports PubSubHubbub and check whether updates are propagated instantanesouly.
Another way would be to check with the hub you picked if they have a debugging interface.
What hub did you pick?

Thanks,

---

Liisa Sailaranta

Jun 2, 2014, 7:19:36 AM6/2/14
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I used on board hub implementation by drupal https://drupal.org/project/push_hub
Could you recommend me any reader that would support PubSubHubBub?
Thanks!

b.r
Liisa

Julien Genestoux

Jun 2, 2014, 2:45:56 PM6/2/14
to Pubsubhubbub
Liisa,

There are plenty, but Feedly is a very popular one :)

thanks,

bazanarielalfredo

Dec 9, 2014, 12:43:35 PM12/9/14
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com

bazanarielalfredo

Julien Genestoux

Dec 10, 2014, 3:28:00 AM12/10/14
to Pubsubhubbub
The easiest way is to subscribe using a feed reader which supports PuSH and see if the updates are propagated immeditaly.
Feel free to share the feed url so we can check if things are in order too!
Thanks,