State Unverified

DarkUFO

Feb 17, 2018, 6:26:04 PM2/17/18
to Pubsubhubbub
Hi,

I did a manual subscribe via the https://pubsubhubbub.appspot.com/subscribe  screen for this feed

https://www.blogger.com/feeds/2794594026107685390/posts/default

When I diagnose the same feed/callback

It's showing as state: not verified.

If I add/updates articles for that feed, I see the new/updated articles in a feed reader like Feedly, but nothing in the diagnostics screen, and the callback url does not appear to be firing.

What am I doing wrong?

Roman Perepelitsa

Feb 18, 2018, 4:39:01 AM2/18/18
to Pubsubhubbub
Hi Andy,

The current state displayed on the status page is "verified".

State
verified
Last successful verification
Sun, 18 Feb 2018 08:11:15 +0000

It also shows that in the past there were verification errors due to mismatched challenges.

Last verification error
Sun, 18 Feb 2018 08:02:09 +0000 (Challenge mismatch.)

Does it look fine on your own now? Have you fixed anything on your end w.r.t. subscription verification?

Roman.

DarkUFO

Feb 18, 2018, 4:48:41 AM2/18/18
to Pubsubhubbub
Hi Roman,

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Yes, it's working now and feel a bit embarrassed.

in my callback I initially had this code at the top of my php

// Authentication headers for when required
if ($_GET['hub_challenge']) {
echo $_GET['hub_challenge'];
        error_log("\n" . '[' . date("F j, Y, G:i e") . '] : ' . "Hub Challenge - Exiting", 3, "logging.txt");
exit;
}

However having that error log line stops the hub challenge from working. (Not sure why it would stop the challenge/verification but whatever :) )

Removing that line to make it this

if ($_GET['hub_challenge']) {
echo $_GET['hub_challenge'];
exit;
}

it now works a treat :)

Roman

Feb 18, 2018, 4:58:54 AM2/18/18
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Great! I'm glad it works now, even though I also don't understand why logging was causing issues.

Roman.

--

---