Problem in the subscription request

GAURAV SHARMA

Nov 5, 2013, 5:10:20 AM11/5/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We are facing some problems in PubSubHubBub subscription renewal.
We have added some feed url:- like http://allthingsd.com/feed/
which was expired after every 10 days so we again renew it before expiration.
Now PubSubHubBub server does not send verification request (Subscription request) to callback url.
so we are now unable to renew some feeds but renewal of some feeds are still
working.
Means PubSubHubBub send verification response to callback url for only some feeds url.
Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Roman

Nov 5, 2013, 5:14:58 AM11/5/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guarav,

I see several subscribers on http://allthingsd.com/feed/. Which one is yours?

Roman.

--

---

GAURAV SHARMA

Nov 5, 2013, 6:53:42 AM11/5/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com

Roman

Nov 5, 2013, 7:51:37 AM11/5/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

For some reason AppEngine is unable to fetch this URL.

In order to verify the subscription, the hub sends a GET request to https://www.feedmyinbox.com/PuSHCallback.ashx?hub.topic=http://allthingsd.com/feed/&hub.challenge=12345&hub.mode=subscribe&hub.lease_seconds=432000. This URL can be fetched from Chrome just fine (although it doesn't echo the challenge back, so the subscription wouldn't be verified anyway), but the hub can't fetch it when issuing a fetch request form AppEngine (it times out with DeadlineExceededError).

I even created a new AppEngine app and tried to fetch this URL from it: same result -- the fetch times out.

Do you do something special for requests from AppEngine?

Roman.

GAURAV SHARMA

Nov 5, 2013, 8:27:56 AM11/5/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes we are matching verify_token which we send while requesting.
and how u requested as we are unable to get response on callback url in
case of allthingsD.
What is code of appEngine to send subscription request.

Julien Genestoux

Nov 5, 2013, 8:28:59 AM11/5/13
to Pubsubhubbub
Gaurav,

You should probably adopt verion 0.4 of the protocol and drop the verify_token as it's been deprecated...

Thanks,

Roman

Nov 5, 2013, 8:33:57 AM11/5/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
I'm saying that fetching the same URL works from the browser and doesn't work from AppEngine.

When I try to fetching URL https://www.feedmyinbox.com/PuSHCallback.ashx?hub.topic=http://allthingsd.com/feed/&hub.challenge=12345&hub.mode=subscribe&hub.lease_seconds=432000 (literally that URL, no changes) from AppEngine, I get DeadlineExceededError.

Fetching is done as follows:

  from google.appengine.api import urlfetch

  HEADERS = {
      'Cache-Control': 'no-cache,max-age=0',
      'Pragma': 'no-cache'
      }

  urlfetch.fetch(url=URL, headers=HEADERS)

If you aren't doing anything fancy with requests coming from AppEngine, I'll raise this issue with the AppEngine team.

Roman.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:27 PM, GAURAV SHARMA <gaurav1...@gmail.com> wrote:

GAURAV SHARMA

Nov 6, 2013, 2:51:39 AM11/6/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am sending subscribe feed url to hub :- http://pubsubhubbub.appspot.com/subscribe
with hub.callback={0}&hub.mode={1}&hub.topic={2}&hub.lease_seconds={3}

but still i am not getting any GET Response on callback server.
and not doing any fancy thing on callback url.

Roman

Nov 6, 2013, 4:36:14 AM11/6/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
You aren't receiving requests from the hub because AppEngine is unable to contact your server. It's not an issue with the hub specifically.

I'll ask AppEngine team for help.

Roman.

GAURAV SHARMA

Nov 6, 2013, 5:12:55 AM11/6/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

5-6 days before it was working on our server. Now Subscription is expired
and we are unable to renew this expired subscription http://allthingsd.com/feed/.
Can we check that our server is blocked or not for Pubsub subscription.
Today i have successfully subscribed to another server but not on this server.
Even both 0.3 and 0.4 version does not send GET response on our server.
what is problem. same code on callback page runs fine on another server.

Thanks for help

Roman

Nov 6, 2013, 5:14:44 AM11/6/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I got it. I'm waiting for reply from the AppEngine team. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Roman.

Roman

Nov 6, 2013, 9:37:56 AM11/6/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guarav,

I got a response from the AppEngine team. It's a known problem and they are working hard on resolving it. My apologies for the inconvenience it's causing to you. I'll keep you posted.

Roman.

GAURAV SHARMA

Nov 7, 2013, 5:38:09 AM11/7/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for help,

Problem is resolve now.
I don't know how no change in code.

Roman

Nov 7, 2013, 6:54:12 AM11/7/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guarav,

A fix has been deployed about 8 hours ago. Everything is back to normal.

Thanks for raising this issue!

Roman.