Wordpress to Flipboard

Giridhar B.

Jul 8, 2013, 12:19:17 PM7/8/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

I am creating a magazine in Wordpress and added PubSubHubHub for the feeds to Flipboard.

In the Settings section I have (default):

Can anyone please tell me if I need to do anything else to make it work with Flipboard? Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Giri

Julien Genestoux

Jul 8, 2013, 12:21:18 PM7/8/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Giri,

That should be good :)
If you share the feed url, we could tell you if Flipboard has already
subscribed to that feed on the superfeedr hosted hub.
Thanks,
> --
>
> ---

Giridhar B.

Jul 8, 2013, 1:18:34 PM7/8/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear that this is sufficient. Thanks, Julien :).

Here's the feed URL:

Giri
==================================

Giridhar B.

Jul 9, 2013, 11:47:07 AM7/9/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Julien, help! :)

Julien Genestoux

Jul 9, 2013, 12:15:09 PM7/9/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Giri,
At this point only Google, Feedly and Twitterfeed have subscribed to that feed.
Also, you should remove <atom:link rel="hub" href="http://flip.it" />
because it breaks subscriptions...

Thanks,

--
Got a blog? Make following it simple: https://www.subtome.com/

Julien Genestoux,
http://twitter.com/julien51

+1 (415) 830 6574
+33 (0)9 70 44 76 29

Giridhar B.

Jul 9, 2013, 4:57:10 PM7/9/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again.

This may not be the right forum, but can you please help me how I can make Flipboard subscribe to my feed?

I added it to Flipboard using my mobile device, but it just doesn't seem to update the articles. In fact, each device is showing a different set of articles.

And yes, I removed flip.it as you suggested.

Giri

DCreemer

Jul 10, 2013, 1:00:21 PM7/10/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giridhar-

I can confirm that your feed is in the Flipboard system (it was first noticed at 03-Jul-2013 14:48:13 UTC). Due to an internal limitation, we are currently only subscribed to the feed via the pubsubhubhub.appspot.com hub, though that will be upgraded soon. In addition, it has been polled about every 24 hours since first seen.

-- David

Giridhar B.

Jul 10, 2013, 1:31:31 PM7/10/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com

Hi David:

Thanks for your response. In Wordpress, I added pubsubhubhub.appspot.com already. I was under the assumption that the feeds would be updated dynamically (when I refresh Flipboard). However, it's not the case. Also, some of the older, deleted articles are also appearing. Once I am done with testing, I want to post some clean articles for my audience. Can you please suggest a solution for this?

Thanks,
Giri

Giridhar B.

Jul 10, 2013, 1:38:25 PM7/10/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
By the way, I cleared the cache on my iPad/iPhone and restarted them.

DCreemer

Jul 11, 2013, 1:16:48 PM7/11/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giridhar-

Flipboard subscribes to RSS feeds on our servers -- the Flipboard application requests the latest feed items from our own service. Our service stays up to date with RSS feeds through either just polling, or Pubsubhubbub push (plus the occasional poll). There is (currently) no way to force a poll through the application. However with Pubsubhubbub of course our feeds will be up to date very rapidly after an item is published.

I show that our system is currently subscribed to your feed via the appspot hub, but that we have received no pushes. In addition, I have purged and re-polled your feed, and we currently have seven articles. As Julien has pointed out in other messages, there is not really a widely adopted mechanism to indicate that an item should be deleted from a cached copy of a feed.

-- David

Simone C.

Oct 1, 2013, 10:16:09 AM10/1/13
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giridhar ,

I solved this problem using Wordpress to Flipboard plugin. I Found it on code canyon.
If you are interested i can send you a link to the plugin site.

Regards,
Simone