PuSH for Google Alerts?

Jeremy McNamara

Mar 29, 2015, 11:23:51 AM3/29/15
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
I am attempting to setup Google Alerts and subscribe via pubsubhubbub.appspot.com.   I get the subscribe event sent to my callback, but never any feed notifications.    My app is working if I use say http://push-pub.appspot.com/ and subscribe to its feed... notifications come in very quickly... Just nothing from my google alerts subscriptions.

https://www.google.com/alerts/feeds/15796879507230431558/1167429699834315644

Callback URL
http://[scrubbed]:8080/callback
State
verified
Last successful verification
n/a
Expiration time
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 01:11:17 +0000
Last subscribe/unsubscribe request
n/a
Last verification error
n/a
Last delivery error
n/a
Aggregate statistics
0 delivery request(s) per second to [scrubbed], 0% errors

Last item delivered

Content received
n/a
Content delivered
n/a

Alkis Evlogimenos (Άλκης Ευλογημένος)

Mar 30, 2015, 4:57:21 AM3/30/15
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
This is because this feed does not support pubsubhubbub. Feeds that support pubsubhubbub have a link under <feed>:

<link href="url_to_the_hub" rel="hub" />

Google alert feeds do not have such a link.

- alkis

Google Switzerland GmbH
Brandschenkestrasse 110,
Zurich, Switzerland