Magic / mass subscription topic?

burtonator

Oct 8, 2014, 4:56:48 PM10/8/14
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
I remember that there was a magic mass subscription topic URL that you can subscribe to to get all posts on a given hub.

Is there documentation for this?  If so where?  I can't seem to find it...

Julien Genestoux

Oct 8, 2014, 7:07:29 PM10/8/14
to Pubsubhubbub
Hi Kevin,
I don't know of anything standard in PuSH which would allow that... and as a matter of facts, we (at Superfeedr) do not provide anything like this on our public hubs!

Thanks,

--

---

Roman

Oct 9, 2014, 11:14:32 AM10/9/14
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are considering providing a mass subscription topic on pubsubhubbub.appspot.com (we call it the firehose). I can't promise anything yet.

Could you explain your use case? Why do you want to subscribe to everything?

Roman.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 10:56 PM, burtonator <burto...@gmail.com> wrote:
I remember that there was a magic mass subscription topic URL that you can subscribe to to get all posts on a given hub.

Is there documentation for this?  If so where?  I can't seem to find it...

Bob Wyman

Oct 9, 2014, 11:27:30 AM10/9/14
to pubsubhubbub
To answer: "Has my name been mentioned in Tom's blog?" I need to subscribe to Tom's blog and filter the stream.
To answer: "Has my name been mentioned in anyone's blog?" I need to subscribe to everyone's blog and filter the stream.

burtonator

Oct 9, 2014, 6:44:28 PM10/9/14
to pubsub...@googlegroups.com

Yes.. essentially I want to subscribe to everything and then provide a way to build search and other analytics on top of it.

It's easier to just get the full thing from one topic URI.

Also, part of it could be to listen for a while, to first figure out what you want to listen too.  So for example you could listen for say 72 hours, figure out who talks about "Linux" most, then unsubscribe, then re-subscribe to the main channels you're interested in.

Right now , I'd have to crawl for it and then find all the URLs, then subscribe to them all.

I mean, I can do that, because we're crawling company :-P  ... but not everyone has these resources.