Issue 52 in publishing-statistical-data: Consider adding stubs to example.ttl for obscure resources.

publishing-st...@googlecode.com

Jul 16, 2014, 9:41:16 PM7/16/14
to publishing-st...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 52 by esta...@gmail.com: Consider adding stubs to example.ttl for
obscure resources.
http://code.google.com/p/publishing-statistical-data/issues/detail?id=52

example.ttl includes resources from other vocabularies that are either
imaginary or ones most readers won't want to chase down, but which are
irksome to leave unresolved when using an intelligent editor. Maybe stubs
for them might be appended to example.ttl?
Here's what I added, FWIW:
# stubs for referenced namespaces not expected to be widely used.

ex-geo:cardiff_00pt a rdfs:Resource .
ex-geo:merthyr_tdfil_00ph a rdfs:Resource .
ex-geo:monmouthshire_00pp a rdfs:Resource .
ex-geo:newport_00pr a rdfs:Resource .
ex-geo:wales a rdfs:Resource .
interval:Interval a rdfs:Class .
admingeo:UnitaryAuthority a rdfs:Class .

issue notifications to this address.

publishing-st...@googlecode.com

Jul 17, 2014, 3:45:55 AM7/17/14
to publishing-st...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 52 by Dave.e.R...@gmail.com: Consider adding stubs to
example.ttl is included (informatively only) in the specification verbatim
and is thus not easy to change.

The namespaces interval and admingeo are real and widely used in some
quarters. Declaring those locally is not appropriate.

ex-geo is, as stated, a dummy namespace. This is entirely appropriate in a
documentation example. However, it should not be necessary to locally
declare those as rdfs:Resource - *every* URI in RDF is an rdfs:Resource,
any "intelligent" editor should be able to infer this. If this is a problem
for your editor then I suggest creating a local file declaring the
resources in ex-geo, all editors I've used have the ability to provide
local copies of vocabularies.