Fwd: [DC] Consensus all on Guidelines for Administration of DC Mailing Lists

1 view

Lorena Jaume-Palasí

Aug 14, 2017, 5:57:52 AM8/14/17
to publi...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
The Coordination Group of all dynamic coalitions has been working on guidelines to manage the mailinglist. Please see the draft below and feel free to review and add suggestions.
Regards
Lorena

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: avri doria <av...@acm.org>
Date: 14. August 2017 at 11:48:56 GMT+2
To: "d...@intgovforum.org" <d...@intgovforum.org>

Hi,

During our last DC Coordination meeting, we discussed "Guidelines for Administration of DC Mailing Lists" and agreed it was nearly ready for verification by the DC Coordination Group.  What we indicated at the time was that I would delay the consensus call a few days, it has now been weeks, so that people could take another look at it. A few suggested edits were made and accepted. Additionally, a comment was made and responded to: the issue had been brought up about removal from from the list after multiple warnings, especially in cases when that was essentially the same as loss of membership in the DC.  The guideline was changed from 'suspension from the list' to 'suspension of posting privileges,' thus leaving the issue of membership separate.

Please review this document over the next 2+ weeks (until 1 September) and let the list know if you object to these Guidelines.  Should any objection be made that substantively changes the Guidelines, I will restart the consensus call for 2 weeks after any changes are discussed and made.

The document can be found at
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ptfhLvs_na3V16CKVPPH1T-SRW0zZupnj6HicOMWPkc/edit?usp=sharing>.
A pdf is attached to this email.

Thanks

avri

Guidelines for Administration of DC Mailing Lists - 14 August 2017.pdf