discussion on LACIGF

Renata Aquino Ribeiro

May 20, 2017, 7:25:45 PM5/20/17
to publi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorena and everyone

Thanks for the questions regarding LACIGF
Indeed it does present itself as an incredible opportunity to
collaborate since APrIGF is on dates very near and the DC members have
a session approved on RTBF

LACIGF has a list to which I will send a message regarding the DC and
possible debates
It is important to say, though, that we might only be able to do an
informal activity or to spread the word about the DC since LACIGF MAG
takes the decisions about the programme and there is no submission of
sessions/workshops, just a previous consultation on themes.

So in anticipation of the DC next call I'll send you here a proposed
message to LACIGF community. Please send in your thoughts.

LACIGF Discussion of the DC Publicness

The DC Publicness of #IGF2017 will have some members participating in
LACIGF and APrIGF (previous week).
We consider this is an interesting opportunity for collaboration and
would like to propose a space to discuss the topics which are the
focus of the DC, whether an informal space or not.
Members interested in LACIGF please find below the main topics of the
DC Publicness and the statement released at Rightscon on RTBF (Right
to be Forgotten), which remains open for signatures.

About the Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/dynamic-coalition-on-publicness

Digitization, new technologies of automatization (algorithms,
artificial intelligence) processing massive amounts of data are
changing the way and the space we interact with other human beings.
Fears and risk scenarios are arising - with still few studies
providing facts and numbers to address those fears. Many questions
that used to be resolved and fixed in law are being revisited and the
right to be forgotten is one of the first controversies in the
juridification of digitization.

We thus see a need to discuss and understand the different conventions
and expectations on publicness through digitization across the world
to have a more nuanced discussion.

Participate now - Sign the Joint Statement of the Dynamic Coalition on
Publicness Concerning the Right to Be Forgotten
https://goo.gl/forms/6nmF5pFbKlvBNbCR2

Lorena Jaume-Palasí

May 23, 2017, 3:26:01 AM5/23/17
to Renata Aquino Ribeiro, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Dear Renata,
many thanks! I think this is a good text. What do the others think?
@JC
@Martin
@all
When is the next call of the LACIGF?
Regards,
Lorena

Renata Aquino Ribeiro

May 23, 2017, 5:40:47 PM5/23/17
to Lorena Jaume-Palasí, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Hi Lorena

Thanks for the feedback
LACIGF may have calls but they are between its MAG only

I've met w/ a LACIGF MAG here in LACNIC27 and consulted her on this

This gives other members of the DC more time to also send in their feedback

Hopefully we'll find a way to propose this

Best

Renata
>> email to publicness+...@googlegroups.com.

Martin Borgioli

May 24, 2017, 7:49:01 PM5/24/17
to publi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lorena and everyone

That text is great. Thank you, Renata.

Regarding the informal event that could be scheduled and organized around LACIGF, I remember that last year, some projects were presented in adjacent rooms to the main one. Maybe, we could ask if this space will exist in this event or not. And ask for it.

Renata, do you know anything about it?

Best,

Martin.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/publicness.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro

May 29, 2017, 1:33:43 PM5/29/17
to Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply and the support

Indeed we can try and ask for this extra room

I've sent the messsage to the LACIGF list and I'll try and find out more
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to publicness+...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/publicness.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/publicness/CAMokdMyQzSTKEo4FN_pFm83a5y%3DfDS2b%3DgOqAv2%3D-bVuHg9vCg%40mail.gmail.com.

Javier Pallero

Jul 27, 2017, 4:31:34 PM7/27/17
to Martin Borgioli, publi...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, count on me as well. I would love to join!

---

Javier Pallero

Policy Analyst / Analista de Politicas
Access Now | accessnow.org

PGP 0xEBFD028A
Fingerprint 0503 FBA1 10B2 B83C 61FC FE3B 4E7E EBDD EBFD 028A

Sign up for updates on RightsCon Toronto 2018
Subscribe to the Access Now Express, our weekly newsletter on digital rights
Protect digital rights around the world? Support Access Now with a donation today

Kelly Kim

Jul 27, 2017, 7:54:54 PM7/27/17
to Javier Pallero, Martin Borgioli, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Hi all,

I know this is LACIGF discussion thread, but just a gentle reminder that we will have our session in 4 hours (11am Bangkok time) at APrIGF. :)
You can join the session remotely at this link: https://participate.icann.org/aprigf3/

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Kelly Kim