URGENT. Our session at the IGF in Geneva. International survey

1 view

Lorena Jaume-Palasí

Nov 27, 2017, 6:01:02 PM11/27/17
to Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Dear all,
I hope these lines find you well. Many of us will be attending the IGF at Geneva and I cannot wait to see you again!
We have one session and need to start concretizing it. (We are a bit late on this). We decided a few months ago that we would use it to launch our international survey. This survey was initially conceived in our initial statement as a DC as one of the three big tasks that our DC wants to achieve.
So here come three points needing feedback from you

1) The survey is one of the tools to have a better understanding of the sense of the private/public of individuals around the world.
A smaller working team of this group has created a draft here:
Please feel free to edit in the suggestion-mode.

2) There will be a new Dynamic Coalition coordinated by Missions Publiques, which is an organization with a superb experience doing surveys worldwide for the United Nations, the European Space Agency and many other institutions. They've done groundbreaking, very impressive surveys for those institutions. They could be a partner for our survey, I think it would make sense to send them an invitation and try to cooperate with them, since they want to do an international survey within the UN IGF on digitization. Perhaps our survey could be part of that endeavour? What do you think?

3) Additionally KS is suggesting to use the session to meet with the Best Practice Forum on Gender and also exchange to find out common grounds and practices.
I think we can bring these two issues together and we could to try to use the session to get the experts from the Gender Working Group on the session and give inputs to the survey. I can also imagine that based on the exchange, we could also try to develop some standards with regards to the public space and gender discriminatory issues. What do you think?

Please send feedback on this until next Monday. Based on the feedback we will draft a titel and session description for your feedback until the end of next week. Please do also feel free to suggest speakers if you have someone in mind.
Warm regards to all
Lorena

Renata Aquino Ribeiro

Nov 28, 2017, 12:23:06 PM11/28/17
to Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Hi all

I'd like to offer also a coordination with the main session below, as I am on the organizing team

Thursday, December 21 • 10:00 - 13:00
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: HOW DO WE SHAPE ITS SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND LABOR IMPACTS FOR GOOD?
Thursday December 21, 2017 10:00 - 13:00
Main Hall - Room XVII - E United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)

This will also bring the topics of digitization, transparency and other concepts which are keen to this DC.

If the DC would like to recommend a part of your paper or statement to be approached on the session, as well as collaborate with interventions, we would be very thankful.

Sorry for missing the deadline but I hope this offer is still helpful

Renata

kyungs...@korea.ac.kr

Dec 10, 2017, 10:59:12 AM12/10/17
to publi...@googlegroups.com, Lorena Jaume-Palasí
  1. I will work on the survey till IGF.
  2. I think working with Missions Publiques is a great idea.
  3. Yes, I will invite them to our session on 12/21.  The group that made suggestion is DC on Gender and Internet Governance led by Bishakha Datta, Point of View, a member of our DC on Publicness. I misplaced their email proposing a joint statement together with my notebook computer about a month ago, and I am still recovering.  Let me track down the email and see what we can do.  I am also joining their session at 4 pm 12/20 Gender Inclusion and Future of Internet, requested to talk about RTBF.  Also, DC Gender has its own meeting at 3 pm 12/20, which can be another venue where we can do joint work.  Let met again talk to Bishakha about it.  BTW, Bishakha, you must be receiving this email anyway.  Can you respond?

Bishakha Datta

Dec 10, 2017, 11:05:45 AM12/10/17
to kyungsinpark, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness, Lorena Jaume-Palasí
Dear all,

Hello!

Yes the Dynamic Coalition on Gender and Internet Governance (DC-GIG) would really like to do joint work work with DC Publicness - I had proposed this earlier.

KS: Let's figure out common ground etc when you speak at our session at 3 pm on 12/20 (the meeting of DC-GIG)?

4 pm is another session, also on gender. Maybe you are speaking at both?

Best
Bishakha

kyungs...@korea.ac.kr

Dec 10, 2017, 11:13:59 AM12/10/17
to Renata Aquino Ribeiro, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness

This connection to digital “good” and related value propositions are very important for DC Pub. I wish I could join. Can others go to Renata’s session to talk about our joint statement?  Whether to truly forgive and forget OR to hide information is an important topic.  Hiring platforms are one of the angles through which ppl demand RTBF, where socio-economic/labor impacts are obvious.  I wish I can join you Renata there but I am leaving IGF around that time.  Maybe, you can discuss our joint statement yourself or Lorena or anybody?

Dec 10, 2017, 11:19:51 AM12/10/17
to kyungsinpark, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Hi

Thank you for finding the idea interesting.
As organizer, I'll be swamped during the main session but if any other
member of the DC would like to address the DC values in this session,
it is very welcome.
I can discuss onlist or offlist
Given time pressure is on all of us, even if we don't manage to
coordinate a group wide statement I think a member participation is
worth it.

Thanks

kyungs...@korea.ac.kr

Dec 10, 2017, 11:48:22 AM12/10/17
to Dynamic Coalition on Publicness

Lorena Jaume-Palasí

Dec 13, 2017, 5:09:14 AM12/13/17
to Renata Aquino Ribeiro, kyungsinpark, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Dear Renata,
yes, what time exactly would it be possible? I do not have 3 hours (I have a few meetings), but I can try to come for one hour? Would anyone else be otherwise availbale? I think the DC on Publicness is precisely trying to make a point on public goods and values and it would be important to bring our statement within that context and conversation and reflect later on it during our session.
Ok so I am inviting mission publiques to join our session.
Bishakha, do you think we can try to start exchanging common grounds? Is there a specific part of the statement from your DC that we could start working on? Or what are your ideas on this? Should we try to work on a few simple principles or standards?
Warm regards to all
Lorena

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/publicness.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/publicness/335c319d-e511-44ca-9d53-247aa98deb7c%40googlegroups.com.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro

Dec 13, 2017, 6:33:28 AM12/13/17
to Lorena Jaume-Palasí, kyungsinpark, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Hi Lorena

Sure you can join in a part of the session, and other members of the coalition are welcome too

Main session has high level participation and is simultaneously translated to all UN languages

Thanks

Lorena Jaume-Palasi

Dec 13, 2017, 6:49:16 AM12/13/17
to Renata Aquino Ribeiro, Lorena Jaume-Palasí, kyungsinpark, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Dear Renata,
From your point of view as one of the session organizers. Is a specific timeslot during the session where a member of the DC could give feedback?
Regards
Lorena

Von meinem iPhone gesendet
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to publicness+...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/publicness.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro

Dec 14, 2017, 5:09:17 AM12/14/17
to Lorena Jaume-Palasi, Lorena Jaume-Palasí, kyungsinpark, Dynamic Coalition on Publicness
Hi Lorena

The agenda of the main session is here

https://igf2017.sched.com/event/CTsd/digital-transformation-how-do-we-shape-its-socio-economic-and-labor-impacts-for-good

An intersessional collaboration with the DC Publicness is a fantastic
opportunity and I understand your time is restricted

So I think being there in the first hour 10:00-11:00 would be great
because you can participate on the first interactions

On the last hour, discussants will also bring up summaries of the
themes related to the session that can be a possiblity too.

The session is 10:00-13:00

Thank you

Renata