Help us take ecological data on the LA watershed

Ariel Levi Simons

Mar 19, 2023, 10:27:37 PM3/19/23

What is this? This is a community science project led by CALeDNA. We're sequencing DNA extracted from soil and water samples to map out biodiversity across California. We're looking for folks to help get soil and water samples with our team, at four locations along the LA river and Arroyo Seco, so we can preserve and sequence them. We're also looking for folks to take photos of species, as we are going to be comparing environmental DNA with iNaturalist results.

The event flyer is here.

Please check out the links for each of the sampling sites and RSVP for the one(s) you'd be interested in helping us out at.

Date: 2023-03-25

Time: 10am-Noon, 2pm - 4pm

Links: The following links are to RSVP for each sampling site. People can register for more than one.  Please note that registration does not work on mobile browsers.

Sepulveda Basin RSVP and information

Arroyo Seco RSVP and information

Bowtie Parcel RSVP and information

Long Beach RSVP and information