You're invited to the next LA Watershed bioblitz [Saturday September 24th]

1 view

Ariel Levi Simons

Sep 6, 2022, 7:39:33 PM9/6/22
Want to help monitor the ecological health of the Los Angeles watershed?

On Saturday September 24th CALeDNA is running a Bioblitz at three locations along the LA river and one along the Arroyo Seco, and you're invited to help us take data.

What's a bioblitz?
It's where we'll be taking soil and water samples along the LA river to send back to our lab in Santa Cruz for DNA sequencing, which will help us identify the presence of everything from bacteria to coyotes along the river.  We'll also be using the iNaturalist app to help identify and tag photos of wildlife in the area as well.

Sounds great, what do I do?
Please check out our bioblitz flyer here (https://tinyurl.com/dk57pykr).  Please keep in mind that there are separate registration links for each monitoring site.  You can register for more than one if you want too.

If you have questions please email me.

Thank you,

--
Ariel Levi Simons