MAINE! Introductions:

Liz Barry

Oct 9, 2014, 12:47:18 PM10/9/14
to Victor Damian, Beth Landergren, George M. Gallant, Jr., Andrew Jawitz, Ron Huber, Jeffrey Warren, Chris Fastie, in...@mainefarmlandtrust.org, publiclab...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron, Beth, Victor, George, and the good people at Maine Farmland Trust

I'm starting a thread with Chris and Jeff, local Public Lab Organizers who want to help you guys connect and start some local research. I'm also copying regional lists Boston and Northeast in case there are other Mainers on there who i haven't yet met.

There's a specific need for high resolution aerial imagery on the toxic site by the old chemical plant on Penobscot Bay. See Ron's thread on the main list here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/publiclaboratory/tBBW34cfOac

Please write in to say hello and express interest / perspectives in getting together at Penobscot Bay.

Yours,
Liz
--

Liz Barry
director of community development

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

Liz Barry

Oct 9, 2014, 1:08:22 PM10/9/14
to Victor Damian, Beth Landergren, George M. Gallant, Jr., Andrew Jawitz, Ron Huber, Jeffrey Warren, Chris Fastie, in...@mainefarmlandtrust.org, publiclab...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,
This is amazing. I'm copying the crew back in to see your awesome offer of support.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Victor Damian <victor...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Liz, i can help. I still have the balloon kit you send me a few months ago. I will try and touch base with Ron,

Ron, let me know how and when we can get together in person or remotely. I'm in the Portland area and have a balloon kit we can use.

Regards

Victor

Liz Barry

Liz Barry

Oct 22, 2014, 10:18:53 AM10/22/14
to Ron Huber, sara wylie, Victor Damian, Beth Landergren, George M. Gallant, Jr., Andrew Jawitz, Jeffrey Warren, Chris Fastie, publiclab...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com
I'm forwarding parts of a thread from another open source community that is focusing on mapping Coastal Maine--OpenStreetMap. Eric Kidd seems to be a local. Perhaps we could connect him to Ron's efforts? Mapknitter integrates well with OpenStreetMap.

Date: Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Coastal Maine needs love
To: Peter Dobratz <pe...@dobratz.us>
Cc: Martijn van Exel <m...@rtijn.org>, OSM US Talk <tal...@openstreetmap.org>

Thank you, everybody, for your advice. Special thanks to Peter for his experience with similar issues in New Hampshire.

Earlier today, I added 4 towns on the Boothbay peninsula, which was a nice, low-risk change.

Just a moment ago, I updated the southern half of Lincoln county with the TIGER 2014 county data, splicing it into Sagadahoc and Knox counties on either side. This is a pretty big change, and I was as careful as I could be, but I'd appreciate another set of eyes.

Everything was done with boundary lines and relations, and I cleared up all JOSM validation errors on the parts I touched.

Overall, this sort of cleanup seems like it would help coastal Maine a lot. The maps are a lot nicer looking, and Nominatim is working now. That only needs 7 counties that are in need of love. :-) (And one which is in need of review.)

-Eric

Oct 28, 2014, 12:40:23 PM10/28/14
to Ron Huber, Andrew Jawitz, Andrew Jawitz, sara wylie, Victor Damian, Beth Landergren, George M. Gallant, Jr., Jeffrey Warren, Chris Fastie, publiclab...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Andrew, I just found your great research note!
Is there any way you can get over to where Ron is trying to get aerial images of the Maine coast, or perhaps send your gear with a friend?
Can you give me a call at 336-269-1539 when you get a chance?
Sara, are your students in process of getting up there?
Yours,
Liz