Frac Sand Sentinel #461 Wheaton Station DNR Air Quality Hearing Details 2-11-2024

Patricia J. Popple

Feb 11, 2024, 2:39:50 PMFeb 11
Readers:

I have provided you with the announcement of the Wheaton Station Air
Quality Hearing, written a letter to request a hearing, shared the date
of the meeting, and am now providing you with links to the information
and encouraging attendance at the hearing with your comments by a
virtual connection. Please take a look and make comment if you can.
Make this a great day!

Pat Popple

Please share with others
Frac Sand Sentinel #461 Wheaton Station DNR Air Quality Hearing Details 2-11-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #461 Wheaton Station DNR Air Quality Hearing Details 2-11-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Feb 27, 2024, 5:04:35 PMFeb 27
Smart Sands with a Hixton, Wisconsin, address is asking for an air
quality permit from the W-DNR. They are planning to mine, process and
build silos at the location mentioned in their application. In order to
hold a public hearing, it is necessary for someone to apply and give
rationale for the holding of a hearing. I believe that person has been
found, but it will be important for each of you to attend the meeting
(probably virtually) or at least make comment on the contents of the
permit. Air quality standards have been reduced by the EPA (I will send
that information) but there will have to be some discussion and perhaps
decision at the DNR level shortly. It has been ages ago that a large
number of doctors, nurses and other health officials asked that studies
of PM2.5's be done and of course, the DNR indicated it was a lengthy
process, at the bottom in terms of priority, and too costly. One has to
think about what has been transpired since that time and the damages
that have occurred to children, the elderly, those with asthma, and
those working near or within frac sand mining facilities.  Your full
support is truly appreciated as we continue to aim for a healthy
environment for all, even at this late date.

"Quality" is not spelled correctly...please ignore the error. Thanks!

Pat Popple  715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #462 Processing Plant-Air Qualitly Hearing-Hixton, WI 2-27-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #462 Processing Plant-Air Qualitly Hearing-Hixton, WI 2-27-2024.pdf

Anthony Dryak

Feb 27, 2024, 8:42:54 PMFeb 27
to publicla...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for keeping us informed !
Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 27, 2024, at 4:04 PM, Patricia J. Popple <sunn...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> Smart Sands with a Hixton, Wisconsin, address is asking for an air quality permit from the W-DNR. They are planning to mine, process and build silos at the location mentioned in their application. In order to hold a public hearing, it is necessary for someone to apply and give rationale for the holding of a hearing. I believe that person has been found, but it will be important for each of you to attend the meeting (probably virtually) or at least make comment on the contents of the permit. Air quality standards have been reduced by the EPA (I will send that information) but there will have to be some discussion and perhaps decision at the DNR level shortly. It has been ages ago that a large number of doctors, nurses and other health officials asked that studies of PM2.5's be done and of course, the DNR indicated it was a lengthy process, at the bottom in terms of priority, and too costly. One has to think about what has been transpired since that time and the damages that have occurred to children, the elderly, those with asthma, and those working near or within frac sand mining facilities. Your full support is truly appreciated as we continue to aim for a healthy environment for all, even at this late date.
>
> "Quality" is not spelled correctly...please ignore the error. Thanks!
>
> Pat Popple 715-723-6398
>
> --
> Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/wiki/mailing-lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "publiclab-midwest" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/publiclab-midwest/5e5e23ed-a055-446f-9468-dad868df8636%40charter.net.
> <Frac Sand Sentinel #462 Processing Plant-Air Qualitly Hearing-Hixton, WI 2-27-2024.docx>
> <Frac Sand Sentinel #462 Processing Plant-Air Qualitly Hearing-Hixton, WI 2-27-2024.pdf>

Patricia J. Popple

Feb 27, 2024, 9:18:26 PMFeb 27
Read all about the change in EPA standards. The state of WI will be
discussing the matter at 2:30 p.m. on Mon. March 4 in case you would
like to be a part of that discussion. It truly is an issue of importance
to all of us.  Pat Popple  715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #463 EPA Standard for PM2.5 Changes 2-27-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #463 EPA Standard for PM2.5 Changes 2-27-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Mar 4, 2024, 2:35:45 PMMar 4
Greetings:

Attached is a copy of the Frac Sand Sentinel and the letter composed by
Dr. Crispin Pierce from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, WI

Many have struggled for years to improve the standards for
silica(respirable crystalline silica dust)  or improved air quality and
finally there has been a breakthrough from the EPA.

Dr. Pierce supports this improvement and so do many hundreds of us who
have battled frac sand mining and other industries that have added air
pollutants that cause dirty air.

Thanks for all your assistance and help in achieving this improvement.

Pat Popple  715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #464 Letter to EPA from Dr. Crispin Pierce, UW-EC 3-4-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #464 Letter to EPA from Dr. Crispin Pierce, UW-EC 3-4-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Mar 5, 2024, 9:06:27 PMMar 5
The air quality hearing date for Smart Sands located at the Hixton site
is April 2, 2024 at noon.  It is a virtual hearing and people are
welcome to make comments at that time or to submit them to the WDNR
personnel.

In the attachments you will find the announcement of the permit request
in addition to the information about the air quality hearing.

You will find much of the needed information for analysis on the DNR
website.Please feel free to pass this information to others as part of
the networking process. Your feedback is very important. No one can do
this alone. It appears there could be additional efforts to increase
hydraulic fracturing activities in this country as well as frac sand
mining in the coming months and years. Companies and think tanks have
been busy making plans, it seems, for much more additional activity in
the oil and gas business, defying issues related to the millions of
people who are harmed by many of the practices involved.

Pat Popple-715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #465 Smart Sands Air Pollutant Hearing Date Set for April 2, 2024 at 12p.m. 3-5-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #465 Smart Sands Air Pollutant Hearing Date Set for April 2, 2024 at 12p.m. 3-5-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Mar 6, 2024, 2:50:17 PMMar 6
Another air quality permit that you might find of interest. Will let you
know what the hearing date for the permitting process will be.

Spring has sprung and so have air quality permits at the WDNR.

Pat Popple  715-723-6398  sunn...@charter.net

Frac Sand Sentinel #466 Dairy, Natural Gas , Digester, in Dunn Co.-Mondovi Air Quality Permit 3-6-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #466 Dairy, Natural Gas , Digester, in Dunn Co.-Mondovi Air Quality Permit 3-6-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Mar 12, 2024, 10:59:03 PMMar 12

The virtual HEARING date for the air quality permit for the natural
gas/dairy digester is April 9, 2024 at 11:00 a.m.
Please open the Frac Sand Sentinel file for additional instructions. You
will have to sign up to obtain the link.
Pat Popple

> Pat Popple  715-723-6398  sunn...@charter.net

Frac Sand Sentinel #467 HEARING DATE Dairy, Natural Gas , Digester, Air Quality Permit 3-12-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #467 HEARING DATE Dairy, Natural Gas , Digester, Air Quality Permit 3-12-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Mar 15, 2024, 7:32:05 PMMar 15

A special invitation goes to you to attend but also to "table" at the 15th Annual Wisconsin Grassroots Network Festival planned for May 4, 2024, at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Please pass this information on to others in your groups in addition to friends and neighbors and other interested people who might like to attend.

The FESTIVAL will have a fresh look this season and you will have an opportunity to not only visit with others who are tabling but also to learn about current issues facing Wisconsin. The key is to make connections with many others who can help in our efforts to improve living in our local, regional, state and national surroundings.

Here is where to go to find out more information about the mission, the constitution, the purposes of our annual FESTIVAL, and the TABLING information and a LETTER you may find of great use to you and to all participants who are able to attend:

                                                        www.wigrassrootsnetwork.com

This website is NEW and each day and week and month between now and the FESTIVAL date, new things will be showing up for you to view including the speaker names, the breakout names and the bio of each presenter. In addition, you may find a musical selection, an explanation of a topic being presented, or just a fun comment that will make you laugh. We hope you will love this site and use it to obtain information for your benefit and for meeting new people and obtaining new ideas.

Again, the site is:                 www.wigrassrootsnetwork.com

Sincerely,
Rev. John Stanley
608.444.8739
WGN Chair

Take a look at the website, but also view the lastest Frac Sand Sentinel(#468) for more information.

Frac Sand Sentinel #468 Wisconsin Grassroots Network Festival Planned-Tabling 3-15-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #468 Wisconsin Grassroots Network Festival Planned-Tabling 3-15-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Mar 24, 2024, 7:22:54 PMMar 24
Sending out an important ACTION REQUEST. Please take a look at the
information and do what you can do make a difference.

Pat Popple 715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #469 ACTION ALERT-Sustain Rural Wisconsin Network-3-24-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #469 ACTION ALERT-Sustain Rural Wisconsin Network-3-24-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Apr 2, 2024, 10:35:31 PMApr 2
Hello all,

Time once again for the Wisconsin Conservation Congress meetings on
April 8th in all the counties plus during the week of April 10-13 on line.

Learn about all the details from this Frac Sand Sentinel.Please be
certain to attend to make comments and/or respond to the questions on line.

Pat Popple  715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #470 Wisconsin Conservation Congress Meetings 4-2-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #470 Wisconsin Conservation Congress Meetings 4-2-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Apr 4, 2024, 5:18:06 PMApr 4

Another "renewable" natural gas plant seems headed to the Cambrian Almena area in Barron County. The application is aimed at the construction and operation of a wastewater treatment plan, a digester with an emergency flare, and a biogas to renewable natural gas plant for:

Cambrian Almena Project

1052 6th St, Site 2

Almena, Barron County, Wisconsin

Please take a look at it and provide feedback on April 23 either in writing or virtually.

Pat Popple  715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #471 Air Quality Permit Hearing for Cambria-Almena Plant 4-4-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #471 Air Quality Permit Hearing for Cambria-Almena Plant 4-4-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Apr 7, 2024, 10:41:53 PMApr 7
You will find a list of all the headliner speakers as well as break-out
session people within this newsletter.

Take a look! It is your invitation to a great day: May 4, 2024.

P. Popple  715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #472 An Invitation to the Festival on May 4, 2024 4-7-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #472 An Invitation to the Festival on May 4, 2024 4-7-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

May 1, 2024, 4:59:50 PMMay 1
Much can be learned from experts who have been studying the impact of
hydraulic fracturing, waste water, radioactivity, and associated aspects
of the oil and gas industry. Don't miss this event. It is critical to us
all that we understand what it is doing to our people, to the earth, to
air and water and all of life.

Pat Popple  715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel#473 Fracking-Plastics-Radioactivity-Health-Environment 5-1-24.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel#473 Fracking-Plastics-Radioactivity-Health-Environment 5-1-24.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

May 16, 2024, 10:44:11 PMMay 16
If you are not aware of the problems this earth is facing with "forever
chemicals", the sources(links) provide some information you must be
aware of. Will there ever be a cure that industry can provide?

Pat Popple  715-723-6398
Frac Sand Sentinel#474 PFAS and PFOS Concerns 5-16-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel#474 PFAS and PFOS Concerns 5-16-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

May 19, 2024, 4:17:12 PMMay 19

It is important that we protect and preserve the Great Lakes. Lake Superior and Lake Michigan are a part of our boundaries in Wisconsin and so our State, the United States and the Nation as well as the World are impacted by decisions made by companies and governmental officials at the local, regional, state and national levels. Take a look at this report. I will be sending additional information on Line 5 in the coming weeks ahead.

Pat Popple  715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #475 A Great Lakes Study 5-19-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #475 A Great Lakes Study 5-19-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

May 22, 2024, 10:06:05 PMMay 22
Line 5: The old pipeline in Northern WI and the subject of great
controversy for many years. Your help is needed from all parts of the state.

June 4: the date for travel to Ashland for a hearing.

Read all about it in one of these Frac Sand Sentinels, my only way of
getting out environmental issues to you, the people on my list.

Pass the word on to others and notify your groups of this great need for
support, particularly for the Native Americans living in this region of
the state, but also to protect all of life from pollution and
contamination of our air and abundant fresh water resources not only in
the creeks and streams but also with the Great Lakes which are precious
to our health and surroundings.

Pat Popple  715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #476 Line Five-Help Needed 5-22-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #476 Line Five-Help Needed 5-22-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Jun 12, 2024, 9:07:25 PMJun 12
A quick review of the issues related to frac sand mining, the closing of
coal facilities, and the book on radioactivity.

Pat Popple 715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #477 The Threat of a Frac Sand Mine in MN 6-12-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #477 The Threat of a Frac Sand Mine in MN 6-12-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Jun 22, 2024, 10:23:37 PMJun 22
I can't emphasize enough the importance of citizen participation in the
efforts to "leave it in the ground". Please help make it happen.There
are many folks who have been involved over the years to stop this aging
pipeline and the expansion of the pipeline to a different route. Your
involvement would be greatly appreciated by many groups, the Native
American tribes who live in the area, conservationists and
environmentalists who all appreciate and know the value of protecting
Mother Earth from any further destruction. There are many options for
your involvement. Select what you can and take action as soon as possible.

Pat Popple

715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #478 Stop Line 5 in Northern Wisconsin 6-22-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #478 Stop Line 5 in Northern Wisconsin 6-22-2024.pdf

Patricia J. Popple

Jul 13, 2024, 2:05:33 PM (3 days ago) Jul 13
Greetings to all at this very busy season of the year. I hope you will
take some time to look at the document I am sending you from the WDNR.
The link provides you with a tool to research wells and also
contaminated sites in the state of WI.

Shown on the maps are well locations in the state. Also shown are spill
and/or industrial related conditions located near well sites. There are
many, and it is critical that the information be studied and assessed
for what it is worth. No one wants contaminated wells! It is critical
that people not overlook what is occurring with the waters of the state.
I know that water concerns are applicable in other states, too. We have
lots to lose in relationship to health and environmental qualities and
collectively we are all responsible for clean and healthy water on this
planet!

Take any actions you can in your locality!

Pat Popple

715-723-6398

Frac Sand Sentinel #479B Is Your Well Safe- Spillage and Contamination 7-13-2024.docx
Frac Sand Sentinel #479B Is Your Well Safe- Spillage and Contamination 7-13-2024.pdf