Help us take ecological data on the LA river

1 view

Ariel Levi Simons

Apr 1, 2022, 8:03:10 PM4/1/22
Ever wonder if there's more to the LA river than being a resting place for shopping carts, or a cheap filming location?

Wonder no more.

On Saturday April 30th we're running a Bioblitz at three locations along the LA river, and you're invited to help us take data.

What's a bioblitz?
It's where we'll be taking soil and water samples along the LA river to send back to our lab in Santa Cruz for DNA sequencing, which will help us identify the presence of everything from bacteria to coyotes along the river.  We'll also be using the iNaturalist app to help identify and tag photos of wildlife in the area as well.

Sounds great, what do I do?
You see the flyer attached to this email?  Open it for more details.  I'll be right here doing science stuff.  Also, if you have questions please email me.

Thanks,

--
Ariel Levi Simons
BioblitzFlyer1.pdf

Ariel Levi Simons

Apr 7, 2022, 3:35:17 PM4/7/22
Ever wonder if there's more to the LA river than being a resting place for shopping carts, or a cheap filming location?

Wonder no more.

On Sunday May 1st we're running a Bioblitz at three locations along the LA river, and you're invited to help us take data.
Please note that we had to shift the day of the bioblitz.  If you had already signed up for the original date of April 30th please know it'll be on May 1st.  We hope you can still make it.

What's a bioblitz?
It's where we'll be taking soil and water samples along the LA river to send back to our lab in Santa Cruz for DNA sequencing, which will help us identify the presence of everything from bacteria to coyotes along the river.  We'll also be using the iNaturalist app to help identify and tag photos of wildlife in the area as well.

Sounds great, what do I do?
You see the flyer attached to this email?  Open it for more details.  I'll be right here doing science stuff.  Also, if you have questions please email me.
The registration link is also here: https://data.ucedna.com/events/119

Thanks,

--
Ariel Levi Simons