Remedy ODBC Driver and Crystal Reports

Chris Buys

Apr 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/18/00
to ARS...@listserv.vistait.com
Hi ListNers,

Please help . . .

Does anyone out there use the Remedy ODBC Driver to create a Crystal Report
using more than one table ?

Appreciated

Server: NT4 SP4
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 7
ARS: 4.0.3, patch 870
Crystal Reports 7

Chris Buys
chr...@pqafrica.co.za

Graham, Bryan

Apr 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/18/00
to ARS...@listserv.vistait.com
Hi Chris,

This is something we were also very keen to use as I thought the ODBC driver
would allow you to create relationships between tables for reporting
purposes. From reading the Admin Manuals it seems that this is not the case
and Joint Forms must still be created within Remedy defining this. If this
is not the case could someone please forward details of how it is done
otherwise.

Cheers,

Bryan

This correspondence is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential or legally privileged information or both.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistransmission. If you receive this correspondence in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence
if you are not the intended recipient.

except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to
be the views of Vodafone.

Roy, Aminah_Marie

Apr 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/18/00
to ARS...@listserv.vistait.com
You have to create a join form in order to create the reports you want in
Crystal
Marie Roy
* Tel: (972) 368-2962
* Fax: (972) 368-2999
Amina...@archongroup.com <mailto:roy_amin...@archongroup.com>

Kinjal Patel

Apr 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/18/00
to ARS...@listserv.vistait.com

Hi Chris,
You could use 'Sub-Report' functionality in Crystal to get data out of two Remedy Forms, without creating a join form.  The only requirement is you should have a unique field on your primary form that exist on your secondary form...similar concept as Join form.

Here's how to do it....
In Crystal, design a standard report on your primary form.
Go to the Design Window and select Insert-->Subreport from the toolbar.
A new window will open and prompt you for a name for this secondary report.  Give it any name you like...usually the form name works for me.

Click on report Expert and create a report layout for the secondary report.
After, you click on OK, place the report box in the Details' section.
Right click on this box, and select Change Subreport Links.....
This is where you are going to link the two forms using unique fields from primary form to the secondary form.

Read Subreport command (Insert menu) and Subreport Tab (Create Report Expert) under Help for more detail info.

Hope this helps in what you want accomplished,
Kinjal Patel

Nguyen, Tuan

Apr 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/18/00
to ARS...@listserv.vistait.com
You can set up your own ODBC link to the database and create reports off the
views that are already created by remedy (eg. aradmin.hd_helpdesk) or create
your own view using SQL . This is more useful in the long run if you have
alot of reports since I find the Remedy ODBC driver is too limiting since
it does not allow joins in Crystal. Another option is to use Crystal's
subreports functions and join the reports together but there's a limit on
how many subreports you can use.

Tuan Nguyen
Remedy Analyst
Royal Alexandra Hospital