Time sync with time.google.com has failed

Nigel Hardy

Jun 14, 2019, 10:13:18 AM6/14/19
to public-ntp-discuss
I am having the same problem on bot a windows 7 & windows 10 based PC's.  I have ran cycling software for around two years with no problems and without any known hardware changes, some time in the last 4 months one element of it has stopped working.  Everything else on both PC's and the software continues to work fine and the clocks read correct, other than the on-line race function that allows global riders to participate in real time races; therefore relying heavily on the NTP feature.  When a click to join a race the system starts to load and then fails and offers the fault - 'Time sync with time.google.com has failed.  Please check your internet connection & Firewall settings.'  The internet connection is fine and I have tried removing the firewall but no change.  I have also messed around with the Windows Time feature, restarting it, but nothing, same fault.  Any suggestions?