What you can do to get Move to Amend's bills to the floor for a vote!

Jeff Clark

Mar 28, 2024, 12:08:15 PMMar 28
to publi...@googlegroups.com
I made this pitch to Stan this morning, before we really got started. But here are the complete details I'll be sharing with our social media later today.

Right now, our two MN legislative bills are poised for a floor vote:

1. HF1064 is in the "general register," and just has to be scheduled for a vote by Speaker Melissa Hortman.
2. SF384 is in its final clearing committee, Rules & Admin, and just needs to receive its hearing, then be placed in the general register and chosen for a vote by Speaker Erin Murphy. Conveniently, Murphy is also the chair of the Rules & Admin committee.

So... you can help by both contacting the two speakers to support a vote, and your own legislators to do the same. All of us can contact the speakers about a vote because, in their roles as speaker or chair & speaker, they serve all of us not just their district constituents.

                          -- Here are the options for reaching out: --

 THE BILLS:

SF 384 - https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/bill.php?b=Senate&f=SF0384&ssn=0&y=2023

HF 1064 - https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/bill.php?f=HF1064&y=2023&ssn=0&b=house

1/  SPEAKERS OF MN SENATE & HOUSE – they need to hear from us!

Senator Erin Murphy (SD 64) – message about SF384

651-296-593

Email: sen.eri...@senate.mn

Representative Melissa Hortman (HD 34A) – message about HF1064

651-296-4280
E-mail: rep.melis...@house.mn.gov

YOUR MESSAGE TO DELIVER TO THE SPEAKERS :

“This bill [SF384 or HF1064] is critical to the future of our democracy and of a government that truly represents us. The Constitutional amendment it calls for would control the influence of big money and corporate power. PLEASE bring it to the floor and vote FOR it. Thank you."

2/ POSTAL MAILER TO YOUR MN SENATOR & REPRESENTATIVE :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/166NtdcZUh9lVuXJthvKtFKMD9GOxa-ae/view?usp=sharingou."

  1. Find your legislators addresses here: https://www.leg.mn.gov/

  2. Add your name and address to the print copies of the mailer

  3. Put them in envelopes

  4. Address envelopes, add a stamp and seal

  5. Put them in the mail ASAP

As a final note, here's the short video session we did last week on unions and the We the People Amendment that our bills are calling for.

Jeff