NPR/PRX/PBS and audio & video podcasters

Andrew Hazlett

Oct 26, 2010, 1:25:04 PM10/26/10
to Public Media Camp
Would anyone else be interested in a session at Public Media Camp on
about collaboration with podcasters and other independent producers of
"born digital" audio and video content? I think there's so much to
explore...

How might podcasters craft content for submission to the public media
ecosystem (via PRX, stations, PRI, etc.?).

How could independent radio producers partner with podcasters (who
have developed expertise in low-cost content creation)?

Could public media organizations provide training and mentorship in
journalism techniques, audio and video quality, etc.?

Could following the example of festivals like http://imaginesciencefilms.com/
help bring innovative audio/video content to public media?

In short, I'd like to see the the rigor and quality of public media
conjoined with the creativity and energy of podcasters. Would anyone
else like to get together and talk about it?

-Andrew Hazlett

@AndrewHazlett
TheNewModern.net