[public-media-camp] May 6 Webinar: Public Radio Player Latest Developments

Rekha Murthy, PRX

Apr 30, 2010, 3:30:06 PM4/30/10
to Public Media Camp
[Hi all - hope you can join us! RM]

Greetings from the Public Radio Player project. http://www.publicradioplayer.org

We've got a lot to tell you about. Public Radio Exchange (PRX) invites
you to a webinar on

Thursday, May 6
12pm PT / 3pm ET

Go here to register: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/621711322

If your station is already in the iPhone app, we strongly encourage
you to attend. If your station isn't in the app, you are welcome to
attend, too (and consider submitting your stream!).

We'll update you on the latest efforts to help stations use the Player
to increase listener engagement and revenue. These efforts include:

*Pledging and donations opportunities from station pages in the Player
*A pilot program for local station ads
*Preview of a new PRX tool, called Billboard, to help stations manage
their presence in the app
*A Web version of the Player Plans for an Android app (yes, you read
that right)

Tune in for a preview of the WBUR iPhone app, too. We hope it becomes
a model for other station apps.

Please come with feedback and questions. See you next Thursday!

The Public Radio Player team at PRX