Opportunities for Coders - Content Creators - Kindred Spirits

johntynan

Oct 26, 2010, 12:28:02 PM10/26/10
to Public Media Camp
I am considering getting a flight from Paris for the upcoming pubcamp
in DC.

I was wondering if there might be people interested in talking about
coding for public media (from either a python/django or a Model-View-
Controller perspective)... web standards too.

Also, I'm thinking of broadening my focus to include content creation
for radio (and experimenting with web comics / animation to accompany
such stories).

I'm curious if anyone on this list will share these views and might be
interested in a bit of collegial banter in attempt to persuade me to
pony up the cash for registration and the flight.

Your thoughts? Kind regards,

John T.

Bo

Oct 26, 2010, 12:42:58 PM10/26/10
to Public Media Camp
The last PubCamp, there were breakouts for Drupal and other open
source platform developers. There were topics based on these platforms
as well.

I am personally dabbling in CakePHP so would like to see and hear from
people who are developing with MVC.

Is it worth it, only you can decide that. II am an independent
developer, not affiliated with NPR, et al, but found some breakout
discussion very intriguing. As someone interesting in this field, you
would be a welcome addition (speaking for myself of course)

Regards,
Robert Huttinger
@roberthuttinger

Andy Carvin

Oct 26, 2010, 12:50:02 PM10/26/10
to public-m...@googlegroups.com
We'd love for you to come if you can make it. Ultimately, though, we
need to have a critical mass of coders present, and that was tough last
year. We may designate Sunday as a hackathon and seed it with specific
projects; for example, we'll probably do some coding around NPR's
Android app.

Andy Carvin
Senior Strategist
NPR Social Media Desk