Government Open Source Conference, Oct. 27-28th in Portland, OR

LH (Leslie Hawthorn)

Oct 11, 2010, 12:10:25 PM10/11/10
to Public Media Camp
Hello everyone,

We'd like to invite folks to join us for the sixth annual Government
Open Source Conference (GOSCON, @goscon and http://goscon.org). GOSCON
is an ideal event for advocates of open government, transparency and
open source in government projects. The conference is targeted at
Senior Information Technology officers in the public sector; Chief
Information Officers and other managers with a responsibility for
Information Technology, along with their senior strategic planning,
architecture, procurement and legal staff. Cross-state associations
with common or shared business practices and problems will want to
attend and consider collaborative development projects. The conference
is non-profit and allows attendees the right space to network and
collaborate in a non-commercial setting.

We'll be welcoming speakers from Federal, State and Local levels such
as Sanjeev "Sonny" Bhagowalia (data.gov), Dugan Petty (CIO, State of
Oregon) and Portland's own Mayor Sam Adams. We'll also be showcasing
key government open source projects like CONNECT, which recently won
the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award.

Our early bird registration discount of $195 for the two day event,
including meals, has been extended to October 18th. The conference
hotel discount of $120/night has been extended to the same date. You
may also be interested in the Open Government West Open Data Summit,
directly preceding the conference.

http://goscon.org/special-events#OpenDataSummit

If you're not able to come to GOSCON, please help us by spreading the
word to folks who would benefit from the event. Thanks everyone and
have a great weekend!

http://goscon.org/

http://twitter.com/goscon

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GOSCON/161297581402