linkedin problem

Dmitriy Dmitriy

May 4, 2023, 10:23:52 AM5/4/23
to public-dns-discuss
Hello,

We have Google DNS server 8.8.8.8 configured as our DNS server.
And very often we have some weird problems with linkedin.com site.
linkedin.com is redirecting requests to state.licdn.com.
If Google DNS resolves state.licdn.com to 23.35.104.147 (which is located in Russia, where linkedin is blocked) then we can not connect.
If Google DNS resolves state.licdn.com to any other IP, then we have no problem.
The problem seems to be random but very often.
My question is why Google DNS is resolving state.licdn.com to problematic IP addresses?
And how to avoid this?

pun...@google.com

May 4, 2023, 10:34:19 AM5/4/23
to public-dns-discuss
This is likely related to incorrect geo-targeting of the client IPs for your network in the name servers for state.licdn.com. If you can, please contact the operator for this zone to see what their geo-targeting for your IP subnets is.

For context, which metro/region are you based in?

Thanks.