Re: 8.8.8.8 vs 8.8.4.4

Message has been deleted

Claus Mattsson

Dec 16, 2021, 9:20:40 AM12/16/21
to public-dns-discuss
Hi Harold,

I did try to analyze the issue and it seems like authorative nameservers aren't answering all queries. And there isn't a system in what is being answered. I probed from three different Zonemaster websites (DNS analytics). Two of them report UDP connectivity issues on some of the nameservers.

That is also why you'll see the one dns server not resolving your a record, but the other will.

//Claus

tirsdag den 14. december 2021 kl. 17.59.08 UTC+1 skrev harold....@gmail.com:
Curious, I was trying to get to one specific site (secure.tsp.gov) and was getting DNS error nx found (using 8.8.8.8 as primary). Change to 8.8.4.4 as primary and it now works. Maybe the recursive lookup or maybe TSP changed recently. Anyway it is fixed for now, but wonder why the two respond with different results.
Message has been deleted