zoom.us not resolved

SRL CTB

Jun 1, 2021, 8:54:31 AM6/1/21
to public-dns-discuss
Had a zoom meeting this morning and it took me a while to realize it wa s a DNS issue.
First I tried com a Win 10 command prompt
nslookup zoom.us 8.8.8.8    timed out
nslookup zoom.us 8.8.4.4     dns.google can't find zoom.us: Query refused
As a first check I tried cloudflare
nslookup zoom.us  1.1.1.1    resolved to 52.202.62.233

Switched DNS  on my PC and everything was back to normal.

After the meeting I ran the recommended tests.
intoDNS reports no isues

{
"AD": false,
"Additional": [],
"CD": true,
"Question": [
{
"name": "zoom.us.",
"type": 1
}
],
"RA": true,
"RD": true,
"Status": 2,
"TC": false
}

It looks like this is an issue with Google DNS.

Anyone else experiencing promlems?

Anthony Lieuallen

Jun 1, 2021, 10:30:34 AM6/1/21
to SRL CTB, public-dns-discuss
https://issuetracker.google.com/189615406

There was a temporary network related issue in Europe, since resolved.