Google drive attachments do not show up in sent box

philbegas

Aug 15, 2012, 6:41:12 PM8/15/12
to public-d...@googlegroups.com
When I go into Google drive, and select email something as an attachment. It doesn't show up in my sent box, so I have no idea if it sent or anything. It's quite annoying when you're working at a company that does a lot of emailing and sometimes needs proof that a particular email was actually sent off.

jshow...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2012, 1:21:25 PM12/4/12
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
I noticed the same thing.  There is no record in Gmail of the email being sent.  That kills the utility for me.

justin...@allenlund.com

Jan 7, 2013, 9:51:39 AM1/7/13
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
I am having the same issue. The only work around I found was to send a copy to myself.

dtb...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2013, 11:31:05 AM10/17/13
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com, justin...@allenlund.com
any solutions to this yet?  I'm having this experience now.  thanks

ottoso...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2013, 1:04:11 AM11/24/13
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
I just found this function on Google Drive myself. Seemed like a really useful function until i looked for sent mail in my "sent" box :(
Please Google fix this.

cac1031

Feb 22, 2014, 3:53:48 PM2/22/14
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
I agree that this is annoying--it shouldn't be so difficult to implement--just having the email automatically copied to the Sent folder.  They get around this by letting you email a copy to yourself but this just makes for poorer email organization.

jeffd...@gmail.com

May 13, 2014, 8:58:06 AM5/13/14
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
1.5 years later, has this not been fixed?

jiwric...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2014, 2:39:11 PM12/11/14
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
2014 and still not fixed

ebrahi...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2014, 7:50:14 AM12/15/14
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com, jiwric...@gmail.com
I am finding that :
click on 'send a copy via email' when emailing an attached document from google drive places an email in my inbox with the attached document.
archiving that message places in the sent mail folder  rather than the archive folder.

This is 1/2 way acceptable for me , ideally I would like the option of having this kind of email going straight into my sent folder and being marked as read.

vbey...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2014, 4:36:30 AM12/16/14
to public-d...@googlegroups.com
I was having problems finding the attachments in sent emails that are lumped into conversations. They simply would not appear. It took a bit of fiddling around but it turns out that when there are multiple attachments going back and forth, the procedure is to first expand the conversation into its individual messages. On Android this is done by simply clicking on the top of the email in question, where it says "x older messages". This expands the conversation into individual emails. Then simply choose the right email and attachment. This makes sense as the conversation has attachments in a lot of the messages and does not allow the user to make a mistake sending the wrong one.

G-Force

Feb 11, 2015, 6:24:31 AM2/11/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com

Feb 2015 - this problem has still not been resolved?

jdsbu...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2015, 2:42:38 PM3/27/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
End of March 2015 and still nothing. I guess they don't see it as a problem. They're wrong.

arbitrary...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2015, 8:25:16 PM3/27/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
Holy shit Google. Get on with the fix already!

finn...@tcd.ie

Mar 31, 2015, 6:13:01 PM3/31/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
Yep, this just happened to me, it's extremely annoying, I need proof if I've sent important documents like bills -_-

finn...@tcd.ie

Mar 31, 2015, 6:16:59 PM3/31/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com, finn...@tcd.ie
Yep, this just happened to me, it's extremely annoying, I need proof if I've sent important documents like bills -_- Also I wrote a message in French to go with it which took me a lot of time because it's not my first language, and it's going to take me ages to rewrite it and resend the documents in another format in order to have proof of the email...

001to...@gmail.com

May 1, 2015, 12:08:02 PM5/1/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
I am adding my voice to the pile. This is a grave oversight.

dr.no...@gmail.com

May 4, 2015, 5:02:59 PM5/4/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
Thanks google, I am unable to prove that I tried to send my final to my teacher on time and now I get a 0!  I might fail this class because of a dumb oversight that google appears to not care about.

dennisonl...@gmail.com

May 31, 2015, 11:33:14 AM5/31/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
AGREE>>WTF GOOGLE GET it together...what kind of company are you anyways..June 2015!!  REALLY GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!

raywh...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2015, 2:41:06 PM6/5/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com, manag...@jihunter.com
Still not part of gmail. #gmailfail

dylanp...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2015, 4:30:24 PM7/2/15
to public-d...@googlegroups.com
How do I find who received attachments sent in Google drive

shvil...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2015, 4:29:30 PM9/1/15
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
Is it hopeless to ask for a fix for this after years?....

mike.coombes8...@gtempaccount.com

Oct 17, 2015, 6:25:51 AM10/17/15
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
I have this issue too.  It is really frustrating and the Mac helpline was unable to advise me how to solve it.   I hope this serious and annoying issue is now being urgently addressed:  it is over three years since the first post on this.

asen...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2015, 6:00:07 AM11/12/15
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com, mike.coombes8...@gtempaccount.com
Google, come on... I am having the same issue.
I think it is veeeery simple compared to the algorithms implemented through complicated grid computing infrastracture for your incredible Google search engine.
Please Google, think!!! you will have more power and control to your users! yes...

I actually find GoogleDrive very useful also for sensitive documents because having all in the cloud allow me to operate from everywhwere. But having the possibility to check the sent attachments among the sent emails folder MUST be possible.
So many years... please!

Alexandro

alberto...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2016, 3:48:20 AM3/29/16
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
Still nothing

Mike Coombes

Mar 29, 2016, 5:24:26 AM3/29/16
to public-d...@googlegroups.com
No still nothing.  Evidently in the 'too difficult’ box!

bradc...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2016, 12:19:23 PM4/14/16
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
This is absurd.  I can send important documents to people, and then not even have a record of their email.
Why wouldn't Google fix this?  Do we need to go to another site to talk about this?

pdig...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2016, 3:55:24 PM6/1/16
to Google Public Data Explorer
Agreed! Very annoying that there is no response from google about this matter. I guess they want people to check the "send a copy to myself" box as a fix, but this does not help first time senders who don't know. My suggestion to those of you who need the messages to show up in your sent box is to send the doc from your gmail: Click the drive symbol next to the attachment button. One caveat to this is that it will only send a link to the doc and not attach it if its a google doc, instead of a word file or pdf. Make sure you click "attachment" next to "send as", and if it's greyed-out, you can download the file as pdf or word, and re-upload it to your drive. Then you should be able to send it as an attachment.

paul4...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2016, 3:38:46 PM10/1/16
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
Bump

jermi...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2016, 8:25:23 PM10/3/16
to Google Public Data Explorer
Still nothing

imout...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2016, 7:05:20 AM11/21/16
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
November 2016 and still not fixed!
I would never again send from the 'Send as attachment..' option if it was not for ANOTHER Inbox annoying feature. Good old Gmail allows you to send to a group. You just type the name of the group and it gets expanded to the member emails. This is NOT POSSIBLE in the Inbox application but it is possible when you use the 'Send as attachment...' from Google Docs. So, two half-finished products none of which does exactly what we want. Go and work for Microsoft guys!

shaw...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2016, 12:23:49 AM12/9/16
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
Well, December of 2016, still nothing. Nice work, Google. Nice work indeed.
Oh and I hear you did nice work on that video chatting app that no one uses! Maybe fix existing products before creating new ones?

te...@organizemyshtuff.com

Dec 12, 2016, 11:39:42 AM12/12/16
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
Well, I just Googled, where is my google drive link, and saw this thread beginning in 2012. GOOGLE, ARE YOU THERE?

timoth...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2017, 3:32:55 PM2/7/17
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
Greetings from 2017, nearly 5 years later.

Still not fixed.

What's Google doing with their employees?

j0860...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 9:12:03 PM2/13/17
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com, timoth...@gmail.com
I'm having the same issue. I want to send a file that I received in a zip file. I extract it and move it to my Mac's desktop. However, I am unable to email the file on - crazy stuff !! What is going on Google ?
John

kyn...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2017, 5:29:56 AM2/19/17
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com
Dear Google,

I have the same need for a sent attachment to show up in the sent folder - as it seems many others wish to have too.
Apparently, this is not the forum where Google looks for potential improvements.

It is a needed function for Google Docs to really compete with other apps.

So, Google - please listen to the users on this.

Thanks

normanl...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2017, 5:10:52 PM2/25/17
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com, kyn...@gmail.com
Has this ever been resolved? Are the notes attached to Drive lost forever?

magn...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2017, 9:24:04 PM3/29/17
to Google Public Data Explorer, manag...@jihunter.com, kyn...@gmail.com, normanl...@gmail.com
Just did it to me tonight.  I sent an email with a google drive doc attached.  I hit 'send' but no evidence of anything in my gmail folders.  This IS 2017, right?

grayg...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2017, 9:48:26 AM4/8/17