DARPA Network Challenge Team Discussion forum, team merging

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson

Dec 3, 2009, 2:10:47 PM12/3/09
to Public Balloon Group
Since there seem to be no neutral ground for all teams to hang out,
and since this IS about social networking, I created a forum on my
site expressly for other teams to talk with each other. I'm expressly
welcoming all teams to join as a "Foreign Team" member and I can give
them access to this forum.

http://decinena.com/content/foreign-teams-discussion

Signing up as a "Foreign Team Member" puts you under no obligation.

Also, I have spoken with several smaller teams already about the
potential of them not being viable on Saturday, and seeking to join a
larger and better equipped team. If anyone is interested in this, you
can publicly see our rules and prize distribution scheme, which we
think is very fair to all parties involved, even rewarding those
participating team members who DON'T find a balloon. We have also made
arrangements to minimize the amount of prize money lost to taxes,
leaving more for everyone. We have a great web site and team, so give
it some thought!

As the content intended all along, we are stronger united than
divided.

(BTW, several of you with site countdown timers need to check your
time offsets...)