A long essay proposing non-profit open source medical devices...

Robert Read

Sep 22, 2020, 9:57:32 AM9/22/20
to pubinv
Dear Public Inventors,

For the last 6 months I've been working pretty much non-stop on the pandemic ventilator shortage problem. It has not been completely successful, in the sense that I can't say I have personally saved any lives, and it would be a tenuous argument that my work has even fed into anything that has.

Nonetheless, and enormous amount of work has happened, and a global community of humanitarian engineers has come together.  I've used my perspective on this to instigate a long essay with some important co-authors that proposes non-profit open source medical devices.  Make Magazine has been kind enough to publish this essay, and invited the co-authors to a "Plan C Live" webinar on Thursday and 6:00 pm CDT. The link is below, where you can find the essay and the webinar invite; please promote it or the tweet that follows: