January 9th is the Public Invention Conference (Virtual) and two new projects...

Robert Read

Dec 18, 2020, 4:44:25 PM12/18/20
to pubinv
Dear Public Inventors,

Please mark your calendars to attend the first public (via Zoom) Public Invention Conference. On Saturday Jan. 9th, from 9:00 AM Central to 12:00 PM we will have threes hours of demos about existing projects.

A lot has happened this year; it will be a major geek-fest! Be there or be square! Registration (free) details will be published after the Christmas (the 25th).

The current agenda is included below.

I'm also happy to announce two new projects.

Marc Jones has agreed to be the Invention Coach of our first project which is a "legal" project rather than a technical project: MedDev is an attempt to develop a reciprocal (copyleft) style license specifically for open source medical devices which seek FDA approval.  Please contact us if you have the legal chops and the willingness to help! (https://github.com/PubInv/MedDev)

Secondly, a new intern, Diego Aspinwall, has begun a project that I will coach. Currently called "wastemodel" (https://github.com/PubInv/wastemodel) it is an attempt to build an interactive Sankey-like model of small scale human (fecal) waste processing. This will have two goals: a useful and accurate physico-chemical model, and the ability of the associated interactive software to be used for other purposes (such as modeling wood fire combustion.)

Finally, (though I may have mentioned it before), Public Invention has begun building an oxygen concentrator "PIOC"  (https://github.com/PubInv/pioc) under the direction of . Ben Coombs.

Here is the Agenda for January 9th:

PubInvCon (Public Invention Conference) 2021 Agenda - Jan. 9th, 20201

The conference will have two phases: the public conference, and the board meeting. The public is invited to both. Special people may be invited.

The Public Conference is conceived of as 3 hours in the morning (9:00 AM Central, 11:00 AM Pacific), the board meeting will be 3 hours in the afternoon with a one hour break (1:00 PM Central, 3:00 PM Pacific).

  1. Introduction

    1. Code of Conduct

    2. Review of Agenda

    3. Mission and Values

  2. Review of 2020 projects -- (fuller voting wisdom of crowds)

    1. Pandemic related

      1. VentMon

      2. PIRDS

      3. SFM3X00

      4. VentDisplay

      5. PIOC

      6. VentOS

      7. Patient Inflating Valve

    2. Non-pandemic

      1. EcoPot

      2. Math Tablet

      3. Gluss Controller Video

      4. ProtoLicense

      5. Moonrat

      6. REc

  3. Status and Relations

    1. Finances

    2. Conferences

      1. VentCon1

      2. VentCon QA

    3. Rice University Team

      1. EcoPot Team

      2. Portable Incubator Team

    4. Helpful Engineering

    5. OSMS

    6. Academic papers:

      1. ICMME

      2. Anesthesia

      3. Respiratory Care

      4. ICMA (upcoming, from previous work)

      5. Fraunhofer work

    7. Non-academic publication

      1. LibrePlanet COVID-Vent List

      2. Maker Plan C videos

      3. Other media interviews

  4. Plans and Vision

    1. Spin off new non-profit for FDA approved devices

    2. Continue growing invention teams

    3. Better outreach and publication

    4. Continued academic publication

    5. Building an open source ventilation ecosystem

    6. Focus on health and climate change

  5. Challenges

    1. Outreach remains a problem -- how do we change the way the world thinks?

  6. Fun Exercise:

    1. Evaluating microFullers for our active projects

    2. Evaluating microFullers for selected proposed projects

  7. Award Recipients

Board Meeting activities:

  1. Finances

  2. Progress Report

  3. Strategy meeting

    1. OUTREACH OUTREACH OUTREACH

    2. Projects

    3. Ventilation in context

  4. Project Brainstorming

  5. Outreach brainstorming

Robert Read

Dec 28, 2020, 2:54:50 PM12/28/20
to pubinv
Here is the meeting invite:

Rob Read (he/him) Public Invention is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: PubInvCon 2021: A Year of Fighting the Pandemic
Time: Jan 9, 2021 10:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 852 6902 2018
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,85269022018# US (Houston)