Anyone Available to Check on Mississippi Commons Connectivity?

Michael Weinberg

Jun 28, 2010, 2:10:03 PM6/28/10
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com, mgp list
I received a call this morning that some residents in the Mississippi
Commons building, which is the wireless aggregation point for
NodeMissisippi (http://www.personaltelco.net/NodeMississippi), are
unable to connect to the Internet. I've investigated, and it appears
that all the wireless devices we manage are up and connected to each
other, including those on the Mississippi Commons rooftop. There is,
however, a switch or two in their phone closet that allows tenants to
connect to the network from their suites/apartments. I suspect a wire
got crossed or unplugged in that closet.

While the network is technically up, if anyone is available to go by
and help them out with the internal connectivity, I think they would
all appreciate the help. If you're interested, contact me and I can
provide you with any info you need and get you setup for access.

Thanks!

--
Michael Weinberg
Volunteer

Russell Senior

Jun 29, 2010, 6:33:33 AM6/29/10
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com, mgp list

Michael> I received a call this morning that some residents in the
Michael> Mississippi Commons building, which is the wireless
Michael> aggregation point for NodeMissisippi
Michael> (http://www.personaltelco.net/NodeMississippi), are unable to
Michael> connect to the Internet. I've investigated, and it appears
Michael> that all the wireless devices we manage are up and connected
Michael> to each other, including those on the Mississippi Commons
Michael> rooftop. There is, however, a switch or two in their phone
Michael> closet that allows tenants to connect to the network from
Michael> their suites/apartments. I suspect a wire got crossed or
Michael> unplugged in that closet.

Michael> While the network is technically up, if anyone is available
Michael> to go by and help them out with the internal connectivity, I
Michael> think they would all appreciate the help. If you're
Michael> interested, contact me and I can provide you with any info
Michael> you need and get you setup for access.

I'd be happy to go take a look, but I won't be back in town until the
weekend. Can anybody else take a look in the interim?

--
Russell Senior, President
rus...@personaltelco.net