possible outage

Tyler Booth

Jun 17, 2011, 12:18:30 PM6/17/11
to m...@lists.personaltelco.net, o...@personaltelco.net
FYI,

A friend of mine that lives in the area and uses the node frequently at Missouri and Failing said the node had gone offline. I was down in the area last night and while by no means a thorough test, I was unable to see the SSID from my iPhone on the street about 50 feet away. Might need a reboot or something more involved.

stephouse networksTyler Booth // President
ph. 503.548.2000 | fx. 503.548.2002
921 SW Washington St, Suite 224
Portland OR 97205

Russell Senior

Jun 17, 2011, 1:09:37 PM6/17/11
to Tyler Booth, m...@lists.personaltelco.net, o...@personaltelco.net

Tyler> FYI, A friend of mine that lives in the area and uses the
Tyler> node frequently at Missouri and Failing said the node had gone
Tyler> offline. I was down in the area last night and while by no
Tyler> means a thorough test, I was unable to see the SSID from my
Tyler> iPhone on the street about 50 feet away. Might need a reboot or
Tyler> something more involved.

Thanks for the headsup. I discovered that the 2.4GHz radio on
metrix-ballroom was similarly affected. Nagios was happily reporting
that the node was up (which it was otherwise). Rebooted. Better.
Now, need to set up alerts on:

ath5k phy1: failed to warm reset the MAC Chip
ath5k phy1: can't reset hardware (-5)

--
Russell Senior, President
rus...@personaltelco.net