Ciscos on the MissNet Ballroom building appear unhealthy

1 view

Russell Senior

Feb 17, 2009, 8:01:34 PM2/17/09
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com, ptp...@googlegroups.com

I got a call from someone hosting a repeater near the Ballroom
building yesterday. Their Ruckus was not passing traffic upstream. I
reset the Ruckus and reconfigured it, but it still didn't work. I
tried associating my laptop with the Ballroom and that didn't work
either. I went over and bounced the power on the rooftop devices.
The SE corner Cisco was not reachable (switch link lights off). The
NW corner Cisco was on, but has not seen much in the way of
associations since Feb 12.

We should minimally get up on the roof and check out the gear, maybe
just replace the Ciscos with NanoStations instead. I need a roof
climber at that location, as that ladder gives me the heebie-jeebies.
Help??

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
rus...@personaltelco.net

Edward Han

Feb 24, 2009, 2:40:32 PM2/24/09
to ptp...@googlegroups.com, ptp-g...@googlegroups.com, ptp...@googlegroups.com, Russell Senior
Hey Russell,

Node Ed on Mississippi here. I haven't been having any problems
recently but can't seem to get connected this morning. I'm around
today and will climb up on the Ballroom roof, if need be.

Ed
503.888.2535

On Feb 17, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Russell Senior

Russell Senior

Feb 24, 2009, 6:28:54 PM2/24/09
to ptp...@googlegroups.com, ptp-g...@googlegroups.com

Edward> Node Ed on Mississippi here. I haven't been having any
Edward> problems recently but can't seem to get connected this
Edward> morning. I'm around today and will climb up on the Ballroom
Edward> roof, if need be.

There was a DSL outage. We think it is working again now, I need to
make one more trip over to fix some configuration in the DSL modem so
that we can do remote admin.

Thanks for your patience, everybody!