ANNOUNCEMENT: Weekly Meeting online again

Russell Senior

Sep 7, 2022, 6:31:25 PM9/7/22
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com
When: Wednesday, September 7, 2022, 5:30pm-8:00pm

Wait, isn't this Tuesday?  I guess it's the Other Tuesday, also known as Wednesday.

So, we are going to meet online again tonight, in a couple hours. This here is your announcement.

Sorry for the late notice, again. But at least I am consistently inconsistent.

--
Russell Senior, President

Sam Churchill

Sep 7, 2022, 6:46:07 PM9/7/22
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com

Thomas Suckow

Sep 7, 2022, 11:05:52 PM9/7/22
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com
Just me or is jitsi no worky?

--
The Personal Telco Project - https://personaltelco.net/
Donate to PTP: https://personaltelco.net/donate

Thomas Suckow

Sep 7, 2022, 11:52:22 PM9/7/22
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com
From my phone I get connection timed out in Firefox and the jitsi app says I've been disconnected after a few seconds of trying to load the meeting. Oddly my desktop seems to load it fine.

I was setting up my router so I couldn't try the desktop till you all had gone already.

I didn't do a robust analysis to make sure this is accurate. But it looks like meet.personaltelco.net has ipv6 but port 443 is closed. I suspect an issue with ip6tables.

--
The Personal Telco Project - https://personaltelco.net/
Donate to PTP: https://personaltelco.net/donate

Russell Senior

Sep 7, 2022, 11:55:05 PM9/7/22
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com
We have a weird problem with ipv6 that I haven't figured out. I can ping6 knod and meet but ssh connection is being lost. I don't think it's ip6tables.

Russell Senior

Sep 30, 2022, 7:30:32 AM9/30/22
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Suckow
Followup: after a few hiccups, we have updated the OS of our hypervisor and this has magically fixed the problem we've been having with filtered IPv6 access to two of the virtual machines, including our web server and jitsi server, so IPv6 access our online meetings should work better now!

Enjoy!

--
Russell Senior, President