Virtual Line-of-Sight

Jon Armani

Jul 24, 2023, 6:18:51 PM7/24/23
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com
It came up in the last meeting how deficient Google Maps is for estimating line-of-sight at sites before doing that estimation in person. I just found that Seattle Community Network has a nice set of tools for this purpose: https://docs.seattlecommunitynetwork.org/infrastructure/software.html#site-planning

tl;dr - Google Earth, Ubiquiti Line of Sight, and oddly a set of Facebook tools

Sam Churchill

Jul 24, 2023, 6:23:21 PM7/24/23
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com

Here's a list of Air Force Early Warning Radar Stations in Oregon. They're generally high up. Many are closed. I figure they might be good prospects for drone links, with direct RF, Infrared and optical connections.

https://www.facebook.com/sam.churchill/posts/pfbid024CC5BG9N3RGaE7T4i7ywvTcwaBheCE5ae5RyEX9VNVEJnN4LVdk6Hzyj3dLA6BBJl

Russell Senior

Jul 24, 2023, 6:40:36 PM7/24/23
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com
I tried the ubiquiti tool and it looks like Big Pink (the US Bank
Building) is smack in the way between Street Roots and the Pittock
Building.

--
Russell Senior
rus...@personaltelco.net