News!

Russell Senior

Jan 6, 2023, 8:12:02 PM1/6/23
to ptp-g...@googlegroups.com
Ted and I went out on a node maintenance run today:

  NodeSherrett -- new upstream ISP, converted the WAN configuration, tidied the cabling, unplugged unnecessary things;

  NodeBeulahLand -- WAN and LAN lights were out, unplugged/replugged WAN, which came back, roof status is unknown, we might have lost the SkyExtender from wind tipping over, the SkyGateway is still there. I think this spring we should decommission the SkyPilots and replace with a single outdoor AP, not urgent.

Also, got Ted's PIN provisioned for his PTP debit card by walking into the bank branch.

Separately, our node host on Mississippi checked on the ethernet cable and it had become unplugged during some other work on the rack. I was reminded that the tip did not engage very positively with the ER-X jack. We should make a good time to replace that with a better one, but it is temporarily back in commission again.

That's all!

--
Russell Senior, President