New enhancement request

imag...@gmail.com

May 22, 2022, 4:05:45 PM5/22/22
to PTGui Support
Hi Joust, hope all is great, the 12 release never stops continuing to amaze on seam placement, a few minor issues from time to time but easily fixed with masking if needed.

As you may know, I stitch a lot of aerial 360's from both  large drones and DJI. When we use large drones we are almost always using a fisheye. To not only removing control points from non directly adjacent images I in general find PTGUI tends to place more control points in the bottom 1/4 of the images. Makes sense in general since the top half is typically sky. But I find I get much better stitches if I delete those bottom CP and add more control point at the horizon 1/4. It would be great if when initially assigning CP you could define a area where you wanted control points much like defining a crop of a circular FE image. That is to force CP only to be basically in the middle of the image.

Best Regards,

Robert

PTGui Support

May 22, 2022, 4:51:21 PM5/22/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

Actually you can: the CP generatore will ignore all red masked areas. So
you could (temporarily) mask out those areas, generate control points,
then remove the masks before stitching.

The masks could be setup with a templace. Removing the masks can be done
by selecting all images in the Source Images tab, right click, Clear Mask.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com