HDR brackets werden nicht erkannt

Christian Bullinger - Fotograf

Aug 6, 2022, 7:21:16 AM8/6/22
to PTGui Support
Hallo!
Workflow: manuel aufgenommenen RAW mit Belichtungsreihen (-2, 0, +2) werden aus LR zu 16bit TIFF mit allen Metadaten konvertiert.
PTGui erkennt diese HDR brackets nicht und verknüpft sie nicht. Warum nicht, woran liegt das?
Unverknüpfte Belichtungen haben unterschiedliche Kontrollpunkte. Ist das zulässig?
Reicht es aus, nur in der mittleren Belichtungsreihe vertikale Linien zu setzen oder auch Maskierungen vorzunehmen??
Vielen Dank für guten Rat zur besseren Tat … 😊

John Houghton

Aug 6, 2022, 8:07:04 AM8/6/22
to PTGui Support
Can you please supply a copy of the project file after loading in the images?

John

Christian Bullinger - Fotograf

Aug 6, 2022, 8:25:11 AM8/6/22
to PTGui Support
Hi John,
anbei die Projektdatei nur mit den eingeladenen 18 Aufnahmen
Gruß
03a__5_20700 Pano.pts

John Houghton

Aug 6, 2022, 8:58:01 AM8/6/22
to PTGui Support

On Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 12:21:16 PM UTC+1 chrbul...@gmail.com wrote:
Hallo!
Workflow: manuel aufgenommenen RAW mit Belichtungsreihen (-2, 0, +2) werden aus LR zu 16bit TIFF mit allen Metadaten konvertiert.
PTGui erkennt diese HDR brackets nicht und verknüpft sie nicht. Warum nicht, woran liegt das?

Christian, Thanks for the project file.  Since the same sequence of exposures has not been maintained for all bracketed sets, PTGui will have difficulty in identifying the sets.  You will probably need to link the images manually.  See FAQ item: https://ptgui.com/support.html#7_3 .  This says that " For images taken in automatic exposure mode, PTGui will try to find the bracketing sequence by inspecting the 'Exposure Bias' EXIF fields.",  which may be relevant.

Unverknüpfte Belichtungen haben unterschiedliche Kontrollpunkte. Ist das zulässig?

Unlinked exposures can have different control points.

Reicht es aus, nur in der mittleren Belichtungsreihe vertikale Linien zu setzen oder auch Maskierungen vorzunehmen??

Vertical line control points can be created on any of the images.  When a line feature extends over two or more images, assign one control point near each end by displaying the two different images showing the ends in the Control Points windows.

John

Christian Bullinger - Fotograf

Aug 8, 2022, 2:43:06 AM8/8/22
to PTGui Support
Hi John,
many thanks for the helpful information.
Well, I have to manually link the sometimes different HDR exposures. Then PTGui will treat you the same (control points) and become a full HDR for exposure fusion and/or tone mapping. Sometimes, however, double contours appear, which indicates incorrect alignment of the bracketing row. If I then remove this link again, a sharp image without a double contour is possible.
How can I be sure of correct alignment of a bracketing row?
Are there any disadvantages if some of the source images are linked and some are not?
(If I understand correctly, unlinked tiffs are not treated as "true HDR", right?)
Thank you + greetings, Christian

PS: I didn't understand that...

"Vertical line control points can be created on any of the images. When a line feature extends over two or more images, assign one control point near each end by displaying the two different images showing the ends in the Control Points windows."

PTGui Support

Aug 8, 2022, 3:16:52 AM8/8/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

For HDR, the images should always be linked. In the Source Images tab,
you should see a little triangle, the bracketed images must be grouped.
This tells the blender that the images should be treated as HDR
bracketed sets.

Whether the positions of the images should be linked is set
individually, in the Image Parameters tab. Here you'll see 'Link'
checkboxes, indicating whether the yaw/pitch/roll should be set
individually for each image, or for the groups of linked images together.

So if you later on decide that the images should have individual
positions because of small misalignments, uncheck the Link boxes in the
Image Parameters tab and do Control Points -> Generate Control Points
for all overlapping images.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/03afa2b7-5500-46dc-a4a0-0fd69d45cd7an%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/03afa2b7-5500-46dc-a4a0-0fd69d45cd7an%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

John Houghton

Aug 8, 2022, 4:23:05 AM8/8/22
to PTGui Support
On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 7:43:06 AM UTC+1 chrbul...@gmail.com wrote:
PS: I didn't understand that...
"Vertical line control points can be created on any of the images. When a line feature extends over two or more images, assign one control point near each end by displaying the two different images showing the ends in the Control Points windows."

Christian, It's difficult to explain about vertical and horizontal line control points owing to the ambiguous use of the word "point".  A single vertical line control point addresses two different positions (points!) that lie on a vertical line feature.  To create one such point, you generally display the same image in both windows of the Control Points tab and then click near one end of the line in window 1 and then click near the other end of the line in window 2.  But many people do not understand that the two positions addressed by one vertical line control point can in fact lie in different images.  You might have a three row panorama which happens to have a long vertical straight line feature that extends all the way from row1 to row 3.  In that case you should display the two different images in which each end of the line feature appear and then do the clicking of each end in the two windows as usual.

A word of caution:  when the same image is displayed in the two windows, the control point type for new points then automatically defaults to "vertical line".  But you might need to select "Horizontal line" for those points.  Switching  to different images may reset the control point type, so always check that the correct type is selected before clicking new points.   This behaviour can be controlled to some extent via. Tools -> Options -> Control Point Editor.

John