NEF files

Terry L

Jul 9, 2024, 8:18:39 AM (13 days ago) Jul 9
to PTGui Support
I just bought a Nikon Z9 which uses firmware update 5. My version of PTGui (Version 12.26) cannot read the NEF files. I have tried converting them to Tiff, PSD, and JPEG and it will not read these formats either. Can someone please help me fix this?

Erik Krause

Jul 9, 2024, 11:14:50 AM (13 days ago) Jul 9
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 09.07.2024 um 14:18 schrieb Terry L:

> I just bought a Nikon Z9 which uses firmware update 5. My version of PTGui
> (Version 12.26) cannot read the NEF files.

PTGui uses libraw for raw conversion. libraw supports the Z9 but HE/HE*
formats are not supported yet (according to their web page)

> I have tried converting them to Tiff, PSD, and JPEG and it will not
> read these formats either.
What did you use for conversion? PTGui should read at least TIFF and
Jpeg. Could you provide a Jpeg you converted for download? Use
wetransfer, dropbox or similar.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de