moire effect

Walter Mücksch

Nov 19, 2021, 7:35:26 AM11/19/21
to PTGui Support

Good day, my panorama shows a very annoying moire effect and tear-off edges between the individual images in the dark areas. The images were photographed with a Nikon D850 in NEF format and then converted to TIFF format with DXO Photolab 5. In Photoshop, no moire can be seen in the individual images. Which settings do I have to choose to prevent moiré and tear-off edges? The panorama file is about 15GB in size. The panorama should be 10 m long and 0.8 m wide. I would appreciate a quick answer. Many greetings Walter Mücksch

(Google translator)

PTGui Support

Nov 19, 2021, 8:35:21 AM11/19/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Walter,

It's not a known issue. Could you show the problem? Or better, could you
make part of the project available so I can reproduce the problem?

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com

On 19/11/2021 13:35, Walter Mücksch wrote:

> Good day,my panorama shows a very annoying moire effect and tear-off
> answer.Many greetings Walter Mücksch
>
> (Google translator)
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/3d0ce1b8-5416-4d7b-8e2f-a179246bf37dn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/3d0ce1b8-5416-4d7b-8e2f-a179246bf37dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

RoyReed

Nov 19, 2021, 1:22:54 PM11/19/21
to PTGui Support
Could this be due to the D850 having no anti-aliasing filter on the sensor, which allows for slightly finer detail capture but with added risk of moiré patterning?

RVhd

Nov 19, 2021, 2:29:50 PM11/19/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
could this be an interpolation artifact during the remap process ?

Romu
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ptgui+un...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/67823f5b-08bf-239c-b6fe-ec9f6d64fca4%40ptgui.com.

Erik Krause

Nov 20, 2021, 10:25:43 AM11/20/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 19.11.2021 um 20:31 schrieb RVhd:

> could this be an interpolation artifact during the remap process ?

Only if Walter used Nearest Neighbor as interpolator. All other
interpolators are high quality, which won't produce moire, even if you
try hard.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

RVhd

Nov 21, 2021, 5:46:14 AM11/21/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com

>> could this be an interpolation artifact during the remap process ?
>
> Only if Walter used Nearest Neighbor as interpolator. All other
> interpolators are high quality, which won't produce moire, even if you
> try hard.

Thank's Erik.

romu