stitching difference

Калоян Божичков

Jun 15, 2024, 5:22:30 AMJun 15
to PTGui Support
Hello,

I ran into a nasty problem. When collecting a panorama of 4 images, the boundaries between them are clearly visible, as well as the color divergence. Could you please help me by giving me some advice on how to avoid this problem or where there could possibly be a capture error. All four frames were taken at the same time, with a difference of 15-20 seconds from frame to frame, so there is no huge time difference that could possibly change the external light. I am attaching a picture with a clear problem, thanks in advance!
GOPR1479-Panorama-Reconstructed.jpg

Werner Boe

Jun 15, 2024, 7:43:00 AMJun 15
to PTGui Support
Hello Kaloyan,

My advices (hopefully  some of them don't sound too simple)

+ Put your your camera on M - Manual and take all pictures with the same exposure - not automatic
+ Put your camera on a manual Whitebalance  - NOT automatic
+ Avoid Zoom Lenses if possible, take a prime lens instead - Zoom lenses tend to vigentte more and have more distortion
  If you have to use a zoom lens, do not use the extreme positions (i.e. with a 24-70 better take 28 mm)
+ Overlap your pictures for more than 30%
+ I never use a tripod, you can use one, but it's not necessary
   Much more important is, that there are no things to narrow
+ More or less avoid horizontal lines, which are too narrow (in your case the beachline)
+ Don't forget the composition rules (rule of thirds, leading lines....)
   Too my taste, your panorama looks boring

Hope that helps
Werner

John Houghton

Jun 15, 2024, 9:18:13 AMJun 15
to PTGui Support
Калоян, Good advice from Werner, but you should be able to get a much better result from your images.  Are you using the Standard or Pro version of PTGui? If you can make available the set of images available for download somewhere (eg wetransfer.com or Dropbox) maybe we can see what might be possible.

John

Калоян Божичков

Jun 15, 2024, 10:00:59 AMJun 15
to PTGui Support
Hi Werner Boe,

Thanks for the tips :) I generally shoot with a Sony camera and a fixed lens always on manual settings, being aware of the rule of thirds as well. But here we are not talking about image composition or how boring it is :) . The panorama in question was not taken for the purpose of a great wide-angle shot, it is part of a virtual tour of the site and could only be taken then at that time. The shooting here is experimental, because it is an experience of what will happen if it is shot with an action camera.  the shots were taken with a Gopro12, as for other points of this object with the same camera, the stitching with PTGui is flawless, but for some viewpoints /panoramas/ it gives just such differences and I can understand why :) I will pay attention to the white balance, hopefully the problem turns out to be there. :)

P.S John Houghton

Working with original full version of PTGui, I'll try the tips above, if things don't work, I'll provide the summary downloads for you to look at. It's probably something bad that's out of sight :)

Thanks for the tips, regards!

John Houghton

Jun 15, 2024, 10:27:56 AMJun 15
to PTGui Support
On Saturday, June 15, 2024 at 3:00:59 PM UTC+1 Калоян Божичков wrote:
Working with original full version of PTGui, I'll try the tips above, if things don't work, I'll provide the summary downloads for you to look at. It's probably something bad that's out of sight :)

Things you can try:  Visit  the Exposure/HDR tab (available in Advanced mode) and use the Automatic Exposure and Colour Adjustment optimization feature (including vignetting correction).  There's Exposure Compensation in the Blending options on the fly-out menu in the top right corner of the Panorama Editor window.  And another option is to switch the Panorama Editor display mode to "Unblended" and manually edit the Exposure Offset parameters of individual images on the Image Parameters tab to achieve a better blend.  So several options to try!

John

Creative Image Ltd

Jun 15, 2024, 11:53:23 AMJun 15
to pt...@googlegroups.com

I sincerely thank you for the advice, I will try and write what the result it :)

Greetings!

Фотография и Видео заснемане

Калоян Божичков

тел: 0879150080

Калоян Божичков (Creative Image)

Jul 10, 2024, 3:25:26 AM (13 days ago) Jul 10
to PTGui Support
Hello, group

I'm joining just to clarify that I found a solution to the problem and to my surprise, it was hidden in that I exited and entered the application again.
 The moment I exited the program, re-launched it and reloaded the same images that had differences, they no longer had those differences and everything was a balanced whole. No idea what the logic behind this is, but it just works.
Maybe it buffers information from the previous pictures and then interlaces with the new ones...I know?