Need help warping/stitching non typical images such as silver ball images

Bill Banks

Sep 8, 2021, 1:58:46 PM9/8/21
to PTGui Support
I need to be able to stitch either a Single image file that contains two hemisphere images. (See attached Sample 01) or I need to be able to warp to level a single Equirectangular image (See attached Sample 02).

Someone/Anyone... please help.

Thanks,

Bill
Sample 02.jpg
Sample 01.jpg

John Houghton

Sep 9, 2021, 2:56:32 AM9/9/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Bill,  What camera/lens was used here?  You can probably stitch these images in a similar manner to those from other twin lens 360 cameras such as the Ricoh Theta Z1.  But to evaluate lens parameters that correct the distortion accurately, you need to conduct a calibration exercise by taking two exposures, panning the camera around through 90 degrees between them.  The images thus created are then treated as a 4 shots around panorama, which enables a spread of control points across the whole of the image area to be created.  The attached project file (V11)  is the best I could mange with your Sample 01.

John

Sample 01 Panorama.pts