Text properties within a .pts file.

44 views
Skip to first unread message

Australican

unread,
Sep 27, 2026, 11:08:53 PM (10 days ago) Sep 27
to PTGui Support
Good evening. 

I'm checking through some completed projects that I created through PTGui. 

Unfortunately I didn't set my preferred project defaults before embarking on my projects. So with that being said, I have to sift through all my files to locate the following parameters:
Width
Height
Quality
And I also need, if it's available, pitch/yaw/roll settings. I'd like to set my pitch at -90 degrees, if that is at all possible. 

At their core, the .pts files appear to be .xml files that can be easily edited with a program like Notepad. 

Which sections within the .pts file determine the parameters that I'm seeking? It looks like I found one,  called "outputsize," which determines the size of the output. 

Let me know the other parameters if available.

Best,
Michael. 


PTGui Support

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 2:33:21 AM (10 days ago) Sep 28
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Jpeg quality is stored as:
"jpegparams": {"quality": 95},

yaw/pitch/roll of each image is available in the project file under that
exact keyword respectively.

The width and height are not stored directly in the project file. PTGui
stores a percentage of the optimum size. The optimum size is calculated
on the fly and depends on many parameters (lens settings, panorama
settings, source image size).

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "PTGui Support" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to ptgui+un...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:ptgui+un...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/
> bbe8f6b3-4a19-443c-9918-d631384fa560n%40googlegroups.com <https://
> groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/bbe8f6b3-4a19-443c-9918-
> d631384fa560n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Erik Krause

unread,
Oct 1, 2026, 11:50:24 AM (7 days ago) Oct 1
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 28.09.2026 um 05:08 schrieb Australican:

> At their core, the .pts files appear to be .xml files

It's JSON, actually. Don't use XML syntax in .pts files.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages