Moving Image manually

IngoF

Jul 7, 2024, 10:18:32 AMJul 7
to PTGui Support
Hello, sometimes i must place the nadir image manually, because it is very difficult to find control points.
PTGUI does not find any control points an for me it is sometimes very difficult, too.

Last time i found out that i can move the image in panorama editor mit left mouse drag an rotate it with the right mouse-drag. And i found the right alignment manually by mouse in a few seconds. first i reset the five SP-parameters of the image to zero.

Are there any other shortcuts to place the nadir image manually?

To do this I usually set the numeric transformation in panorama editor of nick to -90 and reset is after manually placing the naidr Image.
Is there any easier Way?

Ist there any way to change the five SP image parameter of the image by mouse or keyboard? SP in germany PTGui language mayby it is called VP in englisch for viewpoint correction.

THNX
Ingo

I don't want to enter the different values by keybvoard.

Erik Krause

Jul 7, 2024, 10:52:18 AMJul 7
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 07.07.2024 um 16:18 schrieb IngoF:

> Are there any other shortcuts to place the nadir image manually?

You can enter Yaw, Roll and Pitch manually on Image Parameters tab.
Usually, setting Pitch to 90 should suffice. If that doesn't work, the
manual way in Pano Editor is easier.

If you shoot your images always in the same order, you can use a
previous project file as a template. Go to File -> Apply Template ->
Other or press Ctrl+T
You need to Optimize (F5) afterwards.

> To do this I usually set the numeric transformation in panorama editor of
> nick to -90 and reset is after manually placing the naidr Image.
> Is there any easier Way?

You can drag the image to the bottom without first rolling to nadir.
This might be a bit harder, though, since sometimes the image moves in
unexpected ways.

> Ist there any way to change the five SP image parameter of the image by
> mouse or keyboard? SP in germany PTGui language mayby it is called VP in
> englisch for viewpoint correction.

Select the fields in question with the mouse (click-drag or click first,
shift click last) and enter the desired value. You can also click the
column or row title to select the whole column or row.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de