Is there a required process order to create CPs?

Velson Horie

Jul 25, 2024, 6:08:58 AM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to PTGui Support
I loaded a set of 8 tiles which are rather higgelty-piggelty.
PTGui found a lot of CPs, but failed to add CPs to all pairs.
PTGui did not like this arrangement.
So I rotated each tile in the CP tab so that they would align more correctly.
I deleted all the CPs, so the previous assignments would not distort the creation of the new.

But now PTGui can find no CPs at all, specifically when I click cntl/alt/G

When I Aligned to grid, the tiles were rotated to a new set of orientations, but still no CPs

  could be found.2024-07-25_104709.jpg

2024-07-25_104558.jpg2024-07-25_104927.jpg

John Houghton

Jul 25, 2024, 9:46:44 AM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to PTGui Support
On Thursday, July 25, 2024 at 11:08:58 AM UTC+1 Velson Horie wrote:
I loaded a set of 8 tiles which are rather higgelty-piggelty.
PTGui found a lot of CPs, but failed to add CPs to all pairs.
PTGui did not like this arrangement.
So I rotated each tile in the CP tab so that they would align more correctly.

Velson,  Rotating the images in the CP tab has no effect on the actual orientations of the images in the panorama. That facility is cosmetic and is simply provided to make it easier to compare and match features in the two windows.  In the case shown in the panorama with two errant images, you could have dragged and rotated each of them into alignment on the Panorama Editor window. (Turn on the display of image numbers for convenience, select "Edit individual images" mode by clicking the second icon on the left of the task bar.  Then select in the image list the image to be moved, and hold down shift+left mouse button to drag, and shift+right button to rotate).   If the alignment is then good enough, you can create control points automatically between neighbouring images using the "Generate control points here" function as follows:

In one of the control points windows, hold down both the shift key and left mouse button to drag out a selection rectangle.  Then right click within the rectangle and select "Generate control points here". This only works well when the images are already roughly aligned.  If unsuccessful, create a few points manually, then optimize to align the images approximately before trying again.

The control points generator often doesn't work terribly well with line drawings and etchings!  Paintings are ok.

John