Insta360 ONE RS 1-Zoll 360°

Michael Bondroit

Aug 5, 2022, 2:20:02 AM8/5/22
to PTGui Support
Hallo, is the "Insta360 ONE RS 1-Zoll 360°" in PTGUI supported, such as Theta Z1, or
is this support planned?
Thanks

PTGui Support

Aug 5, 2022, 5:41:28 AM8/5/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Yes it's supported in PTGui 12.13.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/b4c78a41-4249-4de4-b494-9ea2628647a2n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/b4c78a41-4249-4de4-b494-9ea2628647a2n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

dher...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2022, 8:07:23 PM11/5/22
to PTGui Support

Hi Joost,

what does "supported" mean exactly?

If I import a single DNG in 12.16, I get good results.
If I import a series of 5 bracketed DNGs (created automatically by using the camera's HDR mode), I get (without manual corrections) very strange results:
- No "Enable HDR mode" option, as I am used to get with normal bracketed photos I import for stitching
- Stitching looks very strange, and in Control Point editor I see each pair of images has different control points set. I'd prefer to have the same control points in each set of pictures, as they are identical anyway (apart from exposure). When importing notmal bracketed photos, the user can choose to treat the brackets all the same way.
- When adding some control points manually to correct the strange stitching results, it seems PTGui is mixing up the bracket layers somehow. See attached screenshot: Marked window area seems to be another exposure than the rest of the image.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here. I am totally new to this insta360 world, have so far only used a DSLR / DSLM with non-fisheye lenses for producing material to be stitched in PTGui.

Daniel

hdr-stitching.jpg

John Houghton

Nov 6, 2022, 3:40:43 AM11/6/22
to PTGui Support
Daniel, you need to link the bracketed images manually.  See the PTGui FAQ:  items 7.3 and 7.5 at https://ptgui.com/support.html#7_3

John

PTGui Support

Nov 6, 2022, 4:47:39 AM11/6/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

There must be some problem with the metadata, which causes PTGui to not
recognize it as a braceketed set. I'll investigate if you can make your
images available for download.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com

> www.ptgui.com <http://www.ptgui.com>
>
> On 05-08-2022 08:20, Michael Bondroit wrote:
> > Hallo, is the "Insta360 ONE RS 1-Zoll 360°" in PTGUI supported,
> such as
> > Theta Z1, or
> > is this support planned?
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> send
> > an email to ptgui+un...@googlegroups.com
> > <mailto:ptgui+un...@googlegroups.com>.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/b4c78a41-4249-4de4-b494-9ea2628647a2n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/b4c78a41-4249-4de4-b494-9ea2628647a2n%40googlegroups.com>
> >
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/b4c78a41-4249-4de4-b494-9ea2628647a2n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/b4c78a41-4249-4de4-b494-9ea2628647a2n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/1a3a25be-7ba2-4eaa-af82-2f2b9bfa1d03n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/1a3a25be-7ba2-4eaa-af82-2f2b9bfa1d03n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
Message has been deleted

dher...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2022, 7:29:03 AM11/6/22
to PTGui Support
Hi Joost,

thank you - it's weird. Now that I retry today, it works well.
I imported, added control points etc. and created a template as explained on  https://ptgui.com/support.html#6_39
Batch stitching now also works well.
I must have made a mistake yesterday. No idea which one, though.

Just one issue remains:

The Insta360 1inch 360 edition produces significant Chromatic Abberation at the edges of each image.
I think it should be removed *before* stitching, because only then it can be removed by using a lens model rather than some heuristic algorithm, right?
But can PTGui do that for me? I haven't found info about that in the tutorials or FAQ.

Here is an example image that shows how bad this issue can be: https://www.hertrich.photo/cloud/s/mMwkjZRC5QcL73i

Thanks
Daniel

John Houghton

Nov 6, 2022, 9:51:37 AM11/6/22
to PTGui Support
On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 12:29:03 PM UTC dher...@gmail.com wrote:
The Insta360 1inch 360 edition produces significant Chromatic Abberation at the edges of each image.
I think it should be removed *before* stitching, because only then it can be removed by using a lens model rather than some heuristic algorithm, right?
But can PTGui do that for me? I haven't found info about that in the tutorials or FAQ.

Daniel, No, PTGui cannot correct chromatic aberration.  Convert the raw images to 16-bit tiff with a good converter such as Photoshop's ACR, which performs well in this respect.  Do little else, to avoid compromising the HDR processing.

John