3/4 of control point progress bar

Paul Bourke

Sep 15, 2023, 3:20:56 PM9/15/23
to PTGui Support
I've noticed that the progress bar when calculating control points (just neighbouring images on a grid) that it gets to the 3/4 posiiton quite fast and then stalls for quite some time. Looking at the task manager there doesn't seem to be much happening, see attached. What is occuring at this stage? I'm interested in knowing so I can peraps throw more resources at that stage.
Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 9.14.03 pm.png

PTGui Support

Sep 18, 2023, 8:16:26 AM9/18/23
to pt...@googlegroups.com
After generating control points, PTGui is setting up a rough alignment
of the images. This part is single threaded, and for 2000 images this
will dominate the processing time. As you can see PTGui is using one CPU
at the time you took your screenshot.

I'm aware that there's room for performance improvement here.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com